Meetup Opportunities - Europe

Please use this topic to arrange meetups in Europe - we will create topics by country or major cities as this category evolves. (The UK has a separate thread)

You’ll gradually see more topic headings over the coming week for different locations - we are trying not to flood the forum with too many meetup topics all in one go :slight_smile:

Check the guidelines here:

Please use the following template:
1st line - Country, Location and region/department/cantons or equivalent
2nd line - Specific dates or a date range

We are so looking forward to seeing our members enjoying time together and sharing their love of pets and travel!

3 Likes

Gran Canaria (Playa del Ingles), Canary Islands, Spain
Now until Feb 22

We have extended our stay so will be here in Gran Canaria ( Playa Del Ingles )until February 22nd. Let us know if you are here also during that time and are interested to meet up :grinning:

2 Likes

Granada, Andalucia, Spain
Now until end of Feb 22

I’m in Granada, Spain until the end of February. Not currently on a sit, I’m here taking an intensive Spanish course so I will definitely be applying for more sits in Spanish speaking countries soon! If anyone is close and fancies meeting up over a beer and tapas let me know!

2 Likes

We have quite a mixture of travel plans for our summer overseas. Adventures by sea and by land, until we return to the US early September.

Barcelona, Spain - May 4
Copenhagen, Denmark - May 15 & Sept 1
Rome, Italy - May 20 & June 20

A little wiggle room around those dates, so please reach out if you happen to be in the area.

4 Likes

Lisbon, Portugal: Till the end of April
Porto, Portugal: May 8 - June 28
Javea, Spain: July 7 -July 28 & Sept 12 - Sept 25

Moved to Portugal last fall and will Housesit around the EU for awhile. Love to meet for coffee and conversations when we are not traveling (if you can catch us) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Dates: Feb 15-22

I’ll be in Lisbon, staying in Alfama, from Feb 15-22 if you’d like to grab coffee and talk travel/pets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vanessa-Admin Oh, thanks for doing this, Vanessa.

1 Like

Hi @LynKinn - great to see you utilizing the meeting category here. We do however, (as this is a private forum) ask for your own safety, that you don’t post personal emails in the thread but instead use the direct messaging option to make arrangements with members you’ve connected with. I’ve removed your email from the post and if you need help with direct messages this post will help. Look forward to seeing some meetup pictures in the future!! :family_man_man_girl_girl:

How to send a direct message in forum

What a fabulous time we three THS sitters had getting together in Lisbon and the nearby town of Cascais. It’s so wonderful to meet like-minded people on the road — it goes a long way toward making the whole globe feel like home. Appreciate the THS forum for giving us the platform to make this happen. Until we meet again…!

:blush: (from left, @Edith, @Therese-Moderator, @LynKinn).

12 Likes

@Edith @LynKinn @Therese-Moderator - A bottle of wine each! - I want to be you friend :rofl:

THS Sisterhood!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you SO much for sharing and brightening our day with you lovely smiles. When you next get help from @Therese-Moderator it will be with her big smile .

Loving the wine choice too

2 Likes

Nice, France
March 19 - April 23

I’m going to be doing a glorious 5 weeks of nesting on my own in my favorite city. Anyone in the area?

1 Like

I am nesting Marmaris-Turkey. Mid May to Mid June.
Anybody for time off.

1 Like

Hola from Valencia. I have a long stay here from May 9th through the 30th. I would enjoying meeting someone in the area just to chat. I am finding the language barrier a little challenging at this time, especially navigating the city. Please let me know if you are interested in meeting.

Jeju island from June 15. Who is around?

When I search Jeju Island I get told it’s in Korea.
If this is correct, meetups in Europe is probably not the best place to post!

I need a new space to start.