Meetups in Barcelona

Hello, all pet lovers!

I’m Gustavo, and I’m delighted to be a part of this forum. I wanted to share with you how much I am passionate about caring for and exchanging experiences about our adorable pets.

One of my favorite activities is attending meetups. Currently, I am in Barcelona, Spain, and I attend one of these gatherings in the city every week. If anyone is passing through this beautiful city, you are more than welcome to reach out to me!

I would love to meet up, get to know each other, and chat about everything related to our faithful furry companions. There’s nothing better than connecting with people who share the same passion for animals and learning from one another.

I hope to get to know many of you and create a united community where we can share the love we feel for our pets.

A loving bark and meow to everyone!
Gus

3 Likes

Hello @GusDC and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for starting a meet-up in beautiful Barcelona. I hope that there will be others in the area that will be able to join you. :slightly_smiling_face:

For reference if you are a member, once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

2 Likes

Hello @Samox24 ! Nice to meet you.

I am grateful for the suggestion to add my TrustedHousesitters profile to the Forum.

I will definitely follow that advice to receive helpful tips and feedback from other users.

I’m excited to be part of this group and looking forward to interacting with everyone. Hopefully, we can organize a meetup in Barcelona soon! :blush:

1 Like

Hi @GusDC are you still in Barcelona?

Hi @NigelLovell, yes I´m still here.

it would be cool to meet you and other sitters at a meetup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nigel, we’re in touch now!

We invite those who are in Barcelona to contact us to get to know us and our dear furry friends.

:smile:

Hola @GusDC y @NigelLovell
Let’s do it.
I will be In Barcelona in November

20 March-2 April :laughing:

Dates updated

1 Like

Hello Beautiful Sitters/ Parents!

My name is Dalena, I am from California!
I am brand new to THS and this site is so wonderful, so helpful, really happy to be part of the THS community!
This forum is brilliant! I am still familiarizing with it all, but I am so happy to find the Meet Ups!
Next year, 2024 I will be in Spain all of November, December and half of January 2025!
I can’t wait, my first travels to Europe!!
My plan is, throughout the year, before my arrival to Spain, is to build my THS profile and experience!
I would love all suggestions, advice from you wonderful people before my arrival!
Again, I know it’s very early, but we all know, a year goes by fast!
My first needing of advice and suggestions is … of course, the beautiful major cities in Spain, what other cities do you recommend in Spain where i can apply for sitting and also enjoy what that city has to offer while I’m sitting??
I love the country side, mountains, beach and city life, everything!
This will help me so much!!
Anybody coming to California, i can help you and meet up with you!
I am in Racho Mirage/ Palm Springs

Thank you in advance!!

Besos y abrazos
Dalena

2 Likes

Hello @poochparfums11 and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
Are you a member of TrustedHousesitters yet? If yes, and once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

It sounds like you have a great plan in place already with regards to building reviews prior to heading to Spain.

I have attached a thread you should find helpful regarding new sitters just starting out

… and Spain, wow! My hubby and I completed 2 lovely sits in Spain so far this year and absolutely loved it! There are just too many lovely places in Spain to visit, we especially love San Sebastián, Seville, Malaga & Barcelona :es::heart:

Happy housesitting & happy travels! :blush:

1 Like

Hola Amparo!! @Amparo

Great! Please let us know when you arrive, and we can arrange a meetup. :blush:

Best Regards.

2 Likes

Fantastico
Had to change my dates.
It will be in March.
I’ll be in touch.
Hasta pronto

1 Like

@GusDC Hola Gustavo,
We are new to TH and we will be in Barcelona in November 2023 for the first time. So it was exciting to see your post!
Our schedule is very tight but who knows?.. let us connect …at least here.
I enjoy creating and support community also.
Lindsay and Rich

1 Like

What are the exact dates that you will be in Barcelona Lindsay and Rich?

Good Morning Nigel from Siurana. We will be in Barcelona Friday and Saturday. We have rented a caravan and we drop it off at 11:00. Then go to our Hotel Gaudi at 3:00. We will see if we can drop off our luggage too the hotel early so we can walk Los Ramblas. Then after hotel we go to Sagrada Familia.
We have friends who will arrive Friday. All of us will board the cruise ship Sunday morning.
Do you have any recommendations for a dinner restaurant on Friday or Saturday. Would you want to meet for a drink or quick tapas?
Also we were thinking of the Flamenco/ dinner package for Saturday for my small group. What do you think?
Even if we don’t see you itt is nice making contact. We have our first TH sit going on while we are away.
By the way this country is so beautiful!!!
Lindsay Stroh

Are you talking about this Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th Nov Lindsay ?

Si
Headed to plata d’Empuria brava now
Lindsay

Hello Wonderful People of the World

I will be In Barcelona for holiday time and a confirmed sit. This 2024 year of travelling I would like to shake things up and meet as many people and start connecting with this community as a solo traveller.

I would love to set up a dinner for the Sunday the 24th or anytime on the weekend of the 22nd of December 2023. Including a walk about to enjoy the beautiful decorations and energy Barcelona will provide.

My home base, as a full time traveller, is Barcelona and I am still discovering the city after many years . I’m hopeful this conversation will inspire ideas for unique dining spots that are open and sightseeing adventures, evoking the same excitement and wonder we felt as children, not merely as tourists.

I am looking forward to reading all ideas and meeting new faces. :slight_smile: