Meetup Thursday 15th Feb in London at Bluebird Chelsea & it’s dog friendly too!

I will be hosting a ‘brunch’ meetup on Thursday 15th February from 12 midday until 2pm at the iconic Bluebird Chelsea which is located at 350 King’s Road, London, SW3 5UU. This is a great opportunity to share our stories and if you are a new member it’s also a great way of getting help from experienced members and to ask any questions you may have.
I have chosen this location as the cafe and terrace are dog friendly and they have a very reasonably priced and delicious lunch menu.

The building is steeped in history, Bluebird is situated in the historic Bluebird Garages of the 1920’s which were owned by Sir Malcolm Campbell MBE. In his time he was heavily involved in the land speed records, starting in 1924 when he achieved a speed of 146mph at Pendine Sands near Carmarthen Bay in a 350HP V12 Sunbeam, which is now on display in the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu. He broke nine land speed records between 1924 and 1935 setting his final record at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah on 3rd September 1935. He was the first person to drive an automobile at a speed of over 300mph.

The Bluebird is located on the King’s Road as I previously mentioned and is on the following numbered London bus routes; 11, 19, 22 and 211. It is just under a 20 minute walk from South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stations and just under a 25 minute walk from Sloane Square and Fulham Broadway tube stations.

There is an extensive Cafe & Courtyard All Day Menu which you can view below. Please let me know on either this thread or by DM if you would like to attend as I will need to let them know final numbers and I look forward to meeting as many of you on the day as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Photos from Bluebird Instagram

2 Likes

Hi Sam, my husband and I will be on a house sit in London (Wimbledon) during this time and we would love to join you for this. We know the Bluebird; it’s a lovely restaurant in a fabulous area. Looking forward to meeting you; and to our first meetup with THS. Thank you. Rhonda

2 Likes

That’s fabulous @Rhonda and I look forward to meeting you and your husband then too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just boosting this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, Sam, thanks for the invite. I’d love to join you all. I’ll be coming from a sit in Stoke Newington, and I’m still fairly new at this, so would love to hear others’ stories!

1 Like

Hi @Domi that’s fantastic and I look forward to meeting you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just boosting this thread again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Where is everyone? :star_struck:

1 Like

Just boosting this post again.
Please just let me know if you would like to attend.
The more the merrier :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Sam, I’ve just joined and it would be really great to meet other people who have used this service before, as I’m looking to start using housesitters in March. I would love to join you for brunch! Look forward to meeting everyone. Best wishes, Michele

4 Likes

Hi @Michele11 and firstly welcome to the Forum! :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face: and that’s brilliant and I look forward to meeting you too :blush:

There is still plenty of time to join in so just let me know either by replying on here or DM me if you would like to attend :slightly_smiling_face:

If anyone is in London now and wants to meet tomorrow or Monday, let me know i will be leaving on the 13th

1 Like

Hi @Lassie that’s such a shame that you are leaving on the 13th, it would have been lovely to meet you on the 15th. Hopefully next time and I hope you are able to meet up with others in the area before you leave :slightly_smiling_face:

I have had a great response both on and off the Forum so far but just incase anyone else would like to join us, you still have time! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just let me know if you would also like to join in by either replying on here or sending me a DM.

I am looking forward to meeting you all there. :blush:

3 Likes

Just boosting this thread one last time incase anyone else would like to join us tomorrow.

Just let me know if you would like to join in by replying on this thread or DM me.

I cannot wait to meet everyone tomorrow! :clap:t2::clap:t2::blush:

3 Likes

Thank you to @Rhonda @Domi and everyone else who came along to Bluebird Chelsea for lunch today. I have just shared a photo under Meetup Gallery - Share your meetup pix! and some of you might spot a familiar face in the crowd! :smiley:

1 Like