More advertised house sits every day

Can I just say that it’s sooo good to see more & more sits on the site again! Yaaay!

14 Likes

We could not agree more @Els … Double YaaaaaaY!!

1 Like

Perhaps it’s time to have daily emails with listings rather than just the weekly listing?

4 Likes

The sits advertised for ‘England’ alone have just topped 200 in number. At the height of lockdown 1, it was about 50.

3 Likes

@temba, we are waiting for more listings to be posted to restart daily emails. Do you know that you can save your search by country / city to be notified by email / push notification?

2 Likes

@Natalia, thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware of saving search and do get notified. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we see more frequent listing emails. I’m sure those of us who are keen sitters check the listings out daily anyhow.

3 Likes

Thanks @temba, interesting. I’m wondering if you would like to receive daily emails because of their frequency or there’s anything else that’s missing now?

1 Like

@Natalia, with more listings being advertised in certain countries, if owners are unaware that only a weekly email with listings is going out to sitters, they may wonder why they are not receiving applications more promptly.

3 Likes

This must be a record: a sit pops up on my ‘alerts’: I hastily pen an application (took 5 minutes) . I press ‘send’. Less than 5 minutes later, an acceptance. AND my own doggy can came with me. Yay. Happy days!

6 Likes

Hi Provence, thank you, I’ll take that as a huge compliment!
My own dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and they are genuinely one of the more placid and calm breeds. Also, he is a show dog, so I can genuinely write that he is clean, well behaved and good with other dogs. I have a few photos on my profile of me and him together at the UK dog shows. He is very ‘pretty’ boy and so I think that helps. I have a sit in Bath in July and the HO actually invited me to bring my own dog. So I’m very happy!

2 Likes

Isn’t that a great feeling. It happened to us yesterday morning. We have had our current sit cut short because the ferry has been cancelled. Within an hour we had another one lined up starting Thursday.
Love this site.
Elsie

2 Likes

Advertised sits for England now number nearly 350. I’ve got a super last minute sit this week in beautiful Malmesbury, Wiltshire, and I can bring my own dog!

2 Likes

Congratulations @LTD and pooch that’s such a lovely part of the world … and the sun will probably shine too!

1 Like