Moving w/ Dog to Scotland from Maui, at 59!

I reckon you and @Amparo could be soulmates :wink:

1 Like

We are all connected :kissing_heart: :wink:

1 Like

But some more than others :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you, Peg, I am well aware you are not alone in your dream and wonderful encouragement to me to go live it. I will be able to welcome you and share, once we are settled. It is a majestic and magical land calling me home. Thanks for saying, Peg.

2 Likes

Lainey ~ That is very kind, and welcome. I am used to being connected to many close friends nearby, so this is going to be a wild surrender, and surely rewarded with new connections, all blessings incoming, I am sure. Thank you, Claire

Exactly, thank you, Mahalo, Kelly!
Oh, I am glad you are enjoying Kula. Nui’s is good, but not organic, so…I made my own Thai food.

1 Like

Welcome, @anon84784007. For your new adventure, godspeed!

And thank you for your song. I enjoyed the melody + lyrics + your singing! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you, Geoff for listening, that is all very kind. It is my dream to sing my songs and explore The UK for where to live. So, you can see, I am living all my dreams now.

Thanks for your caring communications, Geoff. Be well!

1 Like

I meant 99 APPLICATIONS…

Update: Thank you to all who have assisted my navigating this new world, this kaleidoscope of Trusted Housesitters.

I am grateful and thrilled to share that we, my Assistance Dog and I are going to be in 5 places in The UK, May through Sept, so far. Confirmed.

There are no better words than, “You have been chosen!”
Our 99 invitations have brought the most delicious fruits; being welcomed, and considered a blessing to Sit and care for the worlds of new friends in our new home country

My dog loves other dogs, so this is so fun for us both.
Blessings to you all, Claire + Tarkina

8 Likes

That is most excellent news to hear!

4 Likes

@anon84784007 this is fantastic news! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That is such wonderful news @anon84784007. Your sitting days are about to begin and we’ll enjoy reading about them with your beautiful assistance dog, Tarkina, by your side.

4 Likes

Yay!! :raised_hands::raised_hands: How wonderful, so happy for you & T. Enjoy those sitting adventures and new homes :star_struck:

4 Likes

@anon84784007 Yay Claire & Tarkina - Best wishes on your UK sitting adventures!!

3 Likes

Congrats to you both @anon84784007 … you are off to the pawfect start. I

I have a question for Tarkina … What are you looking forward to the most about your crossing the “pond” adventure? :wink: :dog:

3 Likes

(Queensland Blue Heeler-Assistance Dog) Tarkina says:

Hello Angela, Thank you for asking. My mama has been running in circles lately, driving like the “U-Turn Queen,” and endlessly cleaning, packing, and detailing our car to deliver it on Tuesday to its new family, so I am just settling down resting all the time, watching her moving to and fro. I watch calmly, to remind her to go gently towards her dreams.

I, personally, am very excited to begin my new life, which I am assured will include other dogs, fun for me!!!.

With my new friends, and with my mama, I intend to spend my days running wild and free across all woodlands, fields, and mountains, saying Hello to everyone who wants to, and accepting all treats my mama allows me to have, because she knows best how to keep my tummy happy and my heart healthy!
I will also earn my treats by standing, spinning and saying, “I love you,” as best I can.

My thanks to you for supporting us on this epic dog’s life of new friends, fun and naps by the fire on my sheepskin,

love, love, love,
Lady Tarkina Snowfire.
(You can call me “Little T.”)

6 Likes

Thank you for your pawfectly timed update “Little T” :dog: :clap:

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 1.53.12 PM

Other dogs … I hope your camera skills are really good as we will be waiting for pics of you with your new buddies :dog: :dog: :dog: :camera: and has Mom given you English & Scottish Barking lessons? There is a difference in language you know, especially when it come to treats …

Walkies, there are pavements and gardens on this side of the pond (The Atlantic Ocean) not sidewalks and yards.

Cars: we know you like your car rides don’t jump in the Trunk instead you are going to go in the Boot (area) you really don’t need to get in the bonnet, that’s not a doggy hat, it’s the hood.

Help Mum with her packing as best you can although we all know your role is to support her as you always do and you’ll be making us proud.

Safe and happy travels

Sending more love, love, love right back to you and Mom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Aloha, Claire!
We met a few years ago through Daily Acts (still a member).
So curious what inspired you go from Maui to Scotland? Very diff climates for sure :slight_smile:
Anyhoo, wanted to say hi and wish you an amazing time in Scotland!

Hugs,
Catrina

2 Likes

Oh, Angela ~ Here we are; thriving, so touched by the extraordinary gifts of Sitting our first Sit. We arrived Thursday, 11 May 2023, and were gratefully picked up at the bus drop-off spot after our 24-hour travel from Taos, NM to Santa Fe, NM, to Phoenix, AZ, to London Heathrow, to Bus Stop Spot, and we were exhausted. Tarkina slept the whole 10.5-hour flight, no fuss, no mess, just a quiet, sweet, sheepskin-loving angel. I brought 4 sheepskins on board, explaining I wanted to minimize excess dog hair in their built-in carpet on the plane! (Flight attendant said: “Oh, yes, bring them right in!”)

The man in the seat next to me was pushed from another flight, so our two seats became our single, narrow seat and we were very crowded.

Tarkina never lets formality get in the way of a good cuddle, so she used the man’s shoes, ankle and leg as her pillow.

He just smiled, every time it happened, with his earbuds in, so no words were exchanged, and I just laughed, because it looked so cute.

As we disembarked, he turned to me and said he found it comforting.
She is truly a Healing Heeler.

I am so grateful our 5-minute check-in with HARC, (Heathrow Animal Reception Centre) was so easy-breezy, and the two young women who checked our paperwork were delightful and warm. I did not expect that. Pleasantly surprised.

And, now we live in The UK!
Had the best walks the past 4 days, and today, in Dedham, beside a beautiful river, through fields of wildflowers, and I loved every minute.

Tarkina is thrilled at her new home; running free, chased her first hare yesterday, and respected a hissing swan today! All new, and very different than her previous desert ecosystem-homes in New Mexico, USA.

Thank you, Trusted Housesitters for this magical connection. I love the people and their dog, and everything about our experience here.
Trust is GOLD.
Love is ALL,
Claire + Tarkina

6 Likes