New emojis ... a wider choice now available

Would it be possible to have a couple of ‘negative’ emojis that would be better to use for a sad post or when we did not agree with something ?

We currently only have ‘heart’ ‘thumbs up’ ‘clapping hands’ and ‘laughing face’ to choose from. Unfortunately, life is not always so cheery and, on occasions, a ‘thumbs down’ or ‘sad face’ would be more appropriate

2 Likes

Hi @Colin … I moved your question here onto the “emoji” thread… hope you don’t mind :slight_smile: You are right, there is sometimes the need for a less cheery response, but the 7 emojis available to us currently are those at the top of this thread. There doesn’t appear to be anything that fits this requirement in the standard set, other than perhaps the “shocked” face. I will check out with Discourse to see if there are any plans to increase the options again this coming year but for the moment it seems “words” are the only way to express a sad emotion.

2 Likes

SEVEN? I only see four!?

2 Likes

Hi @MissChef, yes we reduced them a while ago after various conversations here in the forum about which were most appropriate, and some were felt easily misinterpreted. We reduced them to the most used, and most favored by members :slight_smile:

ok still, that doesn’t address Colin’s question:

@MissChef As mentioned above, unfortunately there are no others in the standard set we have access to…

There doesn’t appear to be anything that fits this requirement in the standard set, other than perhaps the “shocked” face. I will check out with Discourse to see if there are any plans to increase the options again this coming year but for the moment it seems “words” are the only way to express a sad emotion.

1 Like

It’s quite strange. When you give a heart to a post, this heart is counted among all the hearts you have already given
When you choose another emoji, like clapping hands, nothing is added although it seems stronger…

1 Like

Hi @Candide … I’ve just moved your question here to keep all the “emoji” questions together. Yes, we noticed that too. We use Discourse as third party forum manager to run our forum and have to work within the constraints of their standard parameters, so unfortunately can’t change this. I think when they added the extra emojis last year (we used to only have hearts), they maybe didn’t consider how it would affect the stats for those who like to see their levels of engagement. It might change in a future update, you never know!!