New, first time and then cancellation

Hi Barb, as a new person to THS myself, I looked over your profile and it looks great. Your photos are good, your pets are adorable and your home seems lovely. Keep the faith, it will all work out. Such a bummer that your sitter canceled, glad you have a backup plan! Thinking positively that you will have some good experiences here!

1 Like

Hi @BarbnCDA. Just want to clarify, as I see your listing still up starting in mid-April. Is one of your neighbors going to watch your pets instead? If so, you could close your listing dates. That said, you’ve still got lots of time (TH-wise), so I can see you getting some applicants. If you find a good match, then your neighbor can be the back-up!

If you still are looking for a sitter and want more feedback on your listing, just let us know.

I think the first sit is the hardest to get, both for the PP and the sitter. It’s all a learning process!

1 Like

Yes I left it up in case I could get someone, my neighbor is my back up as, they will just drop in and walk and check the animals and I would like someone who is here a bit more. Things will work one way or another…I will close it probably the beginning of April if nothing changes.

1 Like

@BarbnCDA - looks like a great sit, sorry about the cancellation.
Wish I could help out but I’m sitting overlapping dates on both ends of your sit.
Take care.
tom

1 Like

Hi @BarbnCDA. I apologize for not replying sooner; I had this bookmarked but it got lost in the shuffle.

What’s the latest on your sit?

It’s wonderful that your neighbor can be a back-up. For future sits, consider making that clear in your listing. For example, that may make your dates more flexible. And it may allow sitters the option to leave your pets for an extended day trip. It really opens things up.

Hi Geoff,
Yes I have a neighbor who is going to watch my pets, it is probably a one time deal as it is a senior in high school. I did have a couple last minute inquires but by then I had lined up other things, every thing was originally fine it was just an emergency cancelation by a confirmed sitter that threw a sideways curve for all. I will be posting again for October soon and I hope that goes well.

Thanks for your input and concern, always welcome!

Barbara

5 Likes

Hi @BarbnCDA you’ve had some wonderful support from our caring community and we had to share a picture of Max to cheer up everyone’s day.

We understand how the cancellation would have

I’m glad you have found a solution on this occasion and will be reposting for your October dates … your pets and home are a wonderful sit opportunity.

Happy Easter Barbara … :dog: :hatching_chick: :cat:

7 Likes

@BarbnCDA That face has made my day! :dog: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi I have been a member of TH since 2016. I love it. So far I have had 5 house/ pet sits.
My first one was in Italy with 2 dogs and a cat. It was wonderful as the HO would travel for 4 days then return for 4 days and they gave us the option of staying or travelling ourselves.
Since I joined to see the world, and because Italy has a fabulous train network we travelled. We were in Italy a for 4 weeks and got to visit so many beautiful places.
Every housesit since has been perfect. I think it takes a special kind of person to have strangers in their home because they know their pets are happiest in their home environment. For me it gives me a furry companion to be with while I am away from my own fur babies, Billie Acorn my cat, and Molly my now very senior dog.
I am from the spectacular west coast of Canada and even though it’s one of the largest countries in the world I have explored every province.
To date I have travelled to 27 countries and plan on doubling that if not more. Being able to stay for free makes my goal very realistic. I always give 100% to taking care of someone’s home and their precious animals and my 5 star reviews confirm that the owners agree!

Hoping to hear from like minded pet sitters/ lovers. In

4 Likes

Hello @Sherryulaszonek and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

It’s wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed being members of TrustedHousesitters since 2016 and yes I agree Italy is a wonderful place to house sit. We were lucky enough to complete a house sit in Italy last year and loved every minute of it!

For reference you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will enable others on here to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

Whereabouts are you hoping to travel to/house sit next? :earth_americas::blush:

1 Like

Best name! Love that.
And, your focus; it’s much nicer for me to have a way to be of service wherever I am, it’s real life, connection, caring, nurturing AND travel’s joys and wonders.