New member, excited to join the forum

Greetings from the stunning Blue Ridge Mtns of N.C.

9 Likes

Welcome, you can learn a lot

Hello @CindyLou and welcome. You haven’t mentioned whether you’re a sitter or homeowner, or maybe have a membership for both. If you have pets, we love seeing photos.

I agree that the Blue Ridge mountains are stunning. I’m wearing red in the photo, and it wasn’t a group tour - there were just a lot of other people appreciating the view. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi @CindyLou … @Snowbird I had a little peek but I will let @CindyLou do the great reveal :wink: :cat:

3 Likes

Welcome from Charlotte, NC

Would this happen to be Albert and Debbie?

1 Like

Well aren’t I the embarrassed one? I signed up 7 months ago and then never checked back. YIKES!
My husband (David) and I have been TH members for several years and have completed numerous sits. I love to farm sit. I grew up in farm country in N.C. and love big animals. My husband is a dog person. As we all know, none of us are cat people since they pick and choose who they allow to love them…lol.
We currently have a cat and a flock of chickens.
There isn’t anywhere we would not want to visit but prefer mountains.
I’m happy to say we have never had an unpleasant sit. We did have a sit that required we fly. Once we arrived, the first thing the home owner said was “Welcome. Watch the little one as he tends to bite”. It would have been nice to know we were sitting for a dog that had a habit of nipping prior to booking a flight! (luckily there were no nips during our 3 week stay). We have made life long friends thru TH and we are so grateful.
I look forward to meeting you all.
Cindy Lou (Who)

4 Likes

Hello @CindyLou and a belated welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You are from a beautiful part of the world, we absolutely love the Blue Ridge Mtns of N.C. Stunningly beautiful :heart:

Whereabouts have been your favourite places that you have been house sitting so far?

Hello, and thank you for the welcome. We are, indeed, very lucky to live in the midst of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
We love traveling in the USA, especially out west and in New England. England is also amongst our favorite places. On our bucket list is Sweden, Norway and Switzerland.
I would have to say our favorite sit was in Birmingham, UK. We stayed for a month on a lovely farm with 60 animals. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@CindyLou that sounds absolutely wonderful! :blush:
What animals did you look after? :sheep: :cow2: :pig2:

It was amazing. Under our care was a bunny, dogs, feral cat, a pig named Stephanie, 2 donkeys, 2 goats, an aviary full of budgies, sheep, alpacas, chickens, geese, ducks…and a partridge in a pear tree. LOL…

@CindyLou how lovely! :blush:

1 Like

HI All
Good to be part of this group and community - so so excited to see all your wonderful animals, so thought I’d share a couple of pictures of animal family from the UK
Kieran

4 Likes

4 Likes

Big dog on lead is Finn; Smaller dog on log is Bear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Kieran_Duke

A very warm welcome and to seeing you active on the forum. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. Your doggies look so sweet and clearly love their walks in the forest.

Do add your listing to your forum profile here so other members can see it. You can also ask any advice from our experienced members, as they would be more than happy to help.

The way to add your listing link is here >>

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

If you have a specific question, do use the spyglass on the top right hand side, as there is a possibility that the question has already been asked, so this could be helpful for you.

Enjoy perusing the forum and we thank you for your contribution.
Best wishes
Therese

1 Like

Awesome - thank you very much Therese… and always appreciated when people complement our dogs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, @Kieran_Duke! Great pics of Finn and Bear!

And for your listing, I see you have 2 applicants! Great! Hope you find a great match!

If you have any more questions, just write back, post a new topic, and/or search TH/blog/forums!

–Geoff