New member from Surrey, UK

Hi everyone! New to the forum and to TH. I’m from Camberley, Surrey, UK. Just joined TH -we have 3 lovely Tonkinese cats and have just put my first dates in for a home sit. A bit nervous about this but it’s been great reading about other people’s experiences.

6 Likes

Hello @Gharvey and welcome to the Community Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

You can also add your THS profile to your forum profile should you wish to do so. I have attached a link to show you how to add this.

I am sure you will have many applicants very soon, do you have any photos you can share of your cats? What are their names? :cat::blush:

1 Like

@Gharvey I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the forum community, where you will find many like-minded sitters and owners who will be more than happy to offer tips and advice. You can also search for previous topics and questions using the ‘spyglass’.

As @Gharvey mentioned we would love to see some kitty photos!

Best wishes Carla

2 Likes

These are my 3 Tonks - a chocolate point and two browns.

15 Likes

@Gharvey absolutely adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Gharvey they are gorgeous! We have cared for a few Burmese cats who were very affectionate and cuddly, and for a Siamese who was very interactive and chatty and would hop on your shoulder from the kitchen worktop as you were passing! We’ve also cared for a Burmilla who was much more reserved. What sort of personality do your Tonkinese cats have?

1 Like

Oh, they are just so adorable and regal - thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks Debbie :grinning: Our brown girls is very timid, we are her second home and her first one treated her badly. She loves playing and curling up on your lap. Our brown boy is just a baby and a bit boisterous, he loves wrestling the other cats (they are not so keen!). Our chocolate boy is our old man - he loves the heat - either by the radiator in the winter or sunshine in the summer. They are all quite chatty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I absolutely LOVE Tonkinese and have had them since 1968. How lovely. Welcome.
Deborah (Australia)

2 Likes

They are so beautiful!

2 Likes

@Gharvey beautiful, classy felines! Such personality in their eyes!

1 Like

@Gharvey what beautiful cats you have. Welcome to the community I’m sure you will have no problem finding sitters for such beauties :heart:

1 Like

I looked up your pet sit as I love your area and cats. I’m a retired vet tech. Unfortunately the dates didn’t work for me as my birthday is April 12th and my sons have plans for me. Maybe some time in the future. Lois

3 Likes

Thanks Lois :blush::blush: