New member question

Hi - we are brand new to THS - we’ve just made our first application (UK) - how long does it usually take for owners to reply. Are they set a maximum time by the site.

1 Like

Welcome @ChristineB.
To answer your question,no there’s no time frame for a HO to reply, some may never reply unfortunately. What most of us sitters do is to keep applying for sits you like as you can withdraw applications if you accept a sit.

1 Like

Just looking at your commercial website and the list of services you offer, you are aware that no money changes hands on THS?

1 Like

Yes we are.

This is for holidays for us. Our other work is local.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s very helpful information.

Since some Ho’s don’t even reply to your application, it’s a good idea to apply to many sits even though the dates overlap. Then, if you get a reply and start a conversation, you have a few options to go with.
Some sitters even withdraw their application after a few days if they don’t receive an acknowledgment.

You have me confused , this question was originally from Tommy Moon Pet Services wasn’t it? Have you changed your name?

Yes I did as it seemed to cause some confusion.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information - its really helpful. I’ve only applied for 2 sits so far. The first one applied to is still showing as unread. The second one was responded to immediately and we arranged a call the same day - and we’ve agreed the sit which is brilliant. I don’t know what to do with the first one whether just to sit tight or apply for others for the same dates or withdraw.

1 Like

I thought i was going senile!

Excellent news!
It’s totally up to you to decide what to do with the one that is still showing unread. If I were you, I would keep applying to others that have caught my eye and then if and when they get in touch, you will be in a better position to decide. There’s no limit to how many sits to apply.
I am a planner and I don’t like to be left pending, so I go ahead with my plans, and then decide what I want to do with people that finally decided to reply.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice.