New sitter homepage

you already are.
you are here.
you have arrived.

1 Like

@LTD I like the answers youā€™ve received so far :rofl: Iā€™ll just say that when I went onto the site today there was a pop up telling me that ā€˜Iā€™m in the new clubā€™. I donā€™t feel any cooler though. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry itā€™s due to snow in a couple of monthsā€¦.

Focus woman. It comes from within.
Repeat after me, I am cool, I am cool, I am coolā€¦

1 Like

@Amparo Given Iā€™m a sitter, I think Iā€™ll go with:

dogonit :dog: Iā€™m a cool cat :smiley_cat: dogonit :dog2: Iā€™m a cool cat :smile_cat:

Ah, I feel so much cooler now :cold_face:

2 Likes

I must be BillynoMates. Iā€™ve had no such message.

Well! I can see that SOMETHING has changed, but I canā€™t quite work out what, yet.
One thing Iā€™m NOT a happy bunnee about is the home page which for me has popped up, offering ā€™ Up to 25% off when you sign upā€™.
What is the advantage of me offering friends and family this discount through ā€˜Refer a Friendā€™ if people can get it anyway?

1 Like

They get to hear it from you, their trusted cool friend and/or family member
and you get 2 months free added to your annual membership.

I got the popup telling me Iā€™m in the cool club, and Iā€™m a combined member.

But my point is this: when I recommend the site to a friend, and then they go to the website to check it out and look at prices etc, now, on the right hand side of the first page they come to, is a large banner offering them the 25% off for a first sign - up. So what is the point of them coming back to me for the code?
I recommended the site to an acquaintance last week on the Refer a Friend basis. She signed up without my code and got her discount while I lost out on the 2 months additional membership. Hmmmm.

1 Like

I didnā€™t have a pop up. I canā€™t work out if I am in the 50% or still BillynoMates. How do I tell?

1 Like

Vanessa, Can you pls tell me whether my sitter account is included in this 50% test? When I access the site (either on my laptop or via the app on my phone), I seem to have always gone straight to find a sit. The confusing thing is that at no point do I see a large and prominent header telling me Iā€™m at the ā€˜Find a Sitā€™ page.

Morning @LTD Iā€™m sorry but I have no way of knowing for sure, but hereā€™s my understanding:

Firstly, forget the app - itā€™s only the webpage version included in this test.

Secondly, if you see this page when you go to your account then you are NOT in the test:

If however, you see this page with the ā€œFind a Sitterā€ repositioned in the drop down menu, and on first load up a message to tell you this is your new home page, then you ARE in the test.

If you always see the find a sit page then you may have saved the url as an automatic load up page in your browserā€¦ could that be a possibility? However, clicking on the logo could be the way to check as this will always take you to the find a sit page, not the main website.

Iā€™m going to tag @Lucy-B in case you have further queries on this as I will be leaving shortly to drive to a house sit.

Hope this helps, Vanessa

Right! Iā€™m going to log off, then log back in.
Funnily enough, yesterday, the site asked me to ā€˜log inā€™ (as it does occasionally), and I THINK I saw the ā€˜Welcome to your new homepageā€™ message.

But this ā€˜techy speakā€™ (below) is WAY past my understanding: - what does it mean??! It could be Mandarin Chinese to me.

ā€™ ā€¦ you may have saved the url as an automatic load up page in your browserā€¦ā€™

2 Likes

Sorry :joy: Iā€™m laughing because Iā€™m the least techy person you can imagine ā€¦ but working here itā€™s obviously rubbing off hehe! I would say, if that doesnā€™t make sense you havenā€™t done itā€¦ so ignore my comment :slight_smile: Let us know what happens when you try the log out and back in.

Yes, I no longer see the girl running along the beach with the dog. I am sent straight to the find a sit function. But without any heading: ā€˜Find a Sitā€™.

1 Like

Sausages are dogs!

Sounds like you are in the club then :slight_smile: Thereā€™s no header saying ā€œFind a Sitā€ but your are on it!!

Well, I was, but now I am not. My account via my laptop and via the website has reverted to the pic of the girl running on the beach with the dog.

Hi @LTD
You have a valid point. The key though is to share your code at the time you make the recommendation. As I understand it, the link then is valid for certain period of time for them to use when they make their decision. Someone in support may be able to assist you (@Therese) and explain better how it works. I have made successful referrals and then other times for whatever reason they sign up without my link. I still make effort to help them get started. Had one such case just a few weeks ago and she is already booked on her first sit.
That may not feed my purse but it feeds my spirit and thatā€™s enough.