Not getting any applications! šŸ˜±

Used trusted house sitters for years but this time we havenā€™t had any applications which is very disappointing
May need to try to secure sitters via another site unfortunately this time :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

The app is very glitchy at the moment. I am a sitter and this is the screen I got when I tried to load details of a newly advertised sit.

Hello @Stuartdalzell and Iā€™m sorry to hear that you havenā€™t received any applications as yet.

I know you have received many applications in the past but if I may suggest, it would be helpful if you could add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile on here, (I have attached a link to explain how), and this will then enable others on here to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure! Also when is your sit due to start?

4 Likes

@Stuartdalzell , donā€™t despair yet. Why donā€™t you add your listing to your forum profile? In addition to those searching the THS site, you will also reach forum readers and theyā€™ll be able to offer helpful feedback. Here are the directions:
https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to trusted house sitters. I live in a smaller town in Michigan and im getting absolutely no response from my posts. I have four upcoming trips and no sitters. What to do?

1 Like

I am curious to know where you are and see your listing. I see some others have included links explaining how to do that. We might be able to give you useful feedback.

1 Like

Link your listing as advised above

2 Likes

@Gailzambon , add your listing to your forum profile as suggested by @Smiley.
Follow these instructions:
How to add your listing or profile to your forum profile

After you have done this, readers of the forum will be able to offer tips to help you attract prospective sitters. This will also enable you to reach sitters who read the forum.

I also suggest you read everything of interest the forum. You can use the magnifying glass icon above to enter a question or search term and read what has been discussed on the subject.

You came to the right place, the forum. Many experienced members are only to happy to assist.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, just to update you that I have helped @Gailzambon add their THS listing link to their forum profile. Please feel free to click on their user name and have a look. Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

1 Like

@Gailzambon , your pets are darling. A few things I would like to know: Do you have a shower? If so, include a picture. You said itā€™s fine to go out for a while and leave your beautiful Old English Sheepdog in the backyard, but exactly how long can the pets be left? How many miles away are restaurants, the food market and other shops? Are any of them within walking distance? For people who donā€™t have a car, how accessible is public transport ā€“ how far away and how frequently do buses/trains run? Are Uber or Lyft available there? You have four pictures of Cadey and six of Ivy. You can probably remove two or more of Ivy. You may attract more sitters if you are able to offer use of a car. All is all, though, your listing looks good.

2 Likes

I see youā€™ve got one applicant for your first dates, however that and the second set of dates are very short which could be why thereā€™s been no response.

1 Like

I love your location just too short of stays. How much snow in Nov where you are.

1 Like

Hi @Gailzambon. Thank you for asking for help, and welcome to TH!

I see you live close to Flint! I know that area has had its ups and downs. I saw a documentary about Flint that was very memorable. ā€œRoger and Me.ā€

FYI, I see only 3 trips listed, not 4.

I think itā€™s helpful to put yourself in the shoes of the other parties. In this case, potential sitters. What would entice someone(s) to do your sit? Then think about the logistics. If itā€™s a 3-day sit, so they arrive one night ā€¦ have one day ā€¦ then leave in the morning? How far would someone be willing to travel for that? Etc.

Your sit in November is longer but itā€™s just before Thanksgiving? So itā€™s a ways off, and unfortunately, Thanksgiving is more of a ā€œsitterā€™s marketā€ because everyone wants a sitter then (and Christmas).

So yeah, short stays are tough to find sitters. And Iā€™m a big fan of staycations. Honestly, for the short stays I might try asking around your neighborhood and social circles (e.g., church, schools, NextDoor, local FB groups ā€¦ retirement homes?!). There are people in your local area without pets who would love to have some temporary pet company and/or a change of scenery. They just arenā€™t on TH (yet :wink:).

1 Like