Offering a little extra

We’re wondering… we want to make our invitations as attractive as possible to the right sitters. We own a condo in one of the ski resorts and it’s rarely rented in the beautiful summer months. We’d be happy to let housesitters experience Steamboat Springs for a complimentary week, if we have no renters, before or after they watch our Loveland home and pets. Would that be kosher???

17 Likes

I can’t imagine why not, and what a great offer!

We’ve had HOs offer to let us stay on longer in their holiday let if we’ve been interested. I don’t see how this would be any different. I look forward to seeing what the THS staff say.

5 Likes

I think that would be a very attractive offer if they wanted it. I don’t think it would be an issue with THS staff for you to offer that.

1 Like

Sure! If it works out timing and travel-wise for someone.

I’m also someone who left DC in 2017 btw.

1 Like

Yes I agree, so generous. I have seen other listings offering a stay in out of peak season holiday accommodation. A great opportunity for someone.

2 Likes

WOW! Very generous! It will still depend if there are sitters available for your dates though. Good luck lovely home owners!

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s fine and we have done the exact same thing in the past. I think it is a lovely offer and will definitely “sweeten the pot”.

2 Likes

I think that’s a fabulous offer, but I am sure you will get sitters without that “extra”! So many people travel to CO during the summer months. I live in Dallas and know tons of people who spend summers in CO to escape the Texas heat.

I’m sitting in Denver now and noticed your post yesterday. I’m also European and a recovering lawyer! Your place looks great and the location is amazing for people who like the outdoors.

1 Like

What a kind offer, I think sitters would really appreciate that.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is an amazing offer! We are from Colorado, now living in NC, and Steamboat Springs is my all time favorite location it Colorado. We are gearing into retirement, still have family in Westminster, and will be spending time out there after we get to that point. With that being said, we would love to be considered next year when you have open opportunities.

1 Like

Thank you to everybody who kindly replied to my question about offering a comp stay at our Steamboat condo. You were all wonderfully encouraging. Some of you are interested in sitting for us in Loveland and I urge you to watch for our many future trips – not sure how you flag us, but I imagine that you all know!

Meanwhile, we are thrilled to have confirmed sitters for our May and June-July trips. We’re looking forward to many successful TH experiences, and perhaps to meeting some of you.

Thanks again-
Karin

9 Likes

That is a kind and generous offer and would be appreciated by all sitters, even those who couldn’t take you up on it due to scheduling conflicts.

It would be Glatt Kosher!

Hello Karin,
That sounds like a great idea. Are there other activities available if it is off-season?
Dee

1 Like

Definitely! Like other resorts in the Rockies, Steamboat offers hiking, mountain biking, tubing on the river, live music performances and much much more.

1 Like

I don’t see why not - what a lovely idea!

1 Like

I think that would be a really lovely thing to do. I went to steamboat springs, over Christmas, in 1990. It was fabulous. I’d love to return. But it’s expensive. So if you’re happy to share your property, I think that’s a great thing. strong text

1 Like

That would appeal to me as I live on an island in Canada & have never been to Colorado

1 Like

Welcome back @Patsylittle it’s been a while and we missed you … which Island in Canada are you on?

cxentral Vancouver Island

2 Likes

It truly is a beautiful part of BC … I lived in Nanoose Bay for 5 years, we only left the Island because it was an Island and dependent on ferries and flying for getting on and off.