Profiles on the THS Website

I’m really feeling the love for the Help category now :blush:

The profiles we create as sitters, do HOs do one too? Maybe those that go with the wee picture of the HO in a listed sit? How do we access profiles of other members? Nothing happens when I touch the picture of the HO in a listing; shouldn’t that link to their profile?

3 Likes

Got a feeling that they only have a profile if they are also sitters. Not 100% sure but that seems to be how it works. I guess their housesit advert is their profile.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: thanks. I think I will post the question in the Owners’ category, to confirm this.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

@Saltrams owners only create a listing not a personal profile

1 Like

What thread? Just wondering, maybe it is obvious but I am not sure which thread you are referring too.

1 Like

@worldtraveler the reply was on a similar question in another topic

But somehow many of them squeeze in their life history into those listings. lol Often I giggle as I weed through their hobbies, cooking skills, family composition wondering when I’m going to get to their pet information. Then other HO tell you absolutely nothing in the listings.

I’d prefer too much rather than too little about a home owner. It’s easy enough to skim read to the parts you are most interested in if you don’t want to read it all. I know our sitter profile is probably too long but I figure the most important stuff is at the top and people can skip whatever they don’t care about.

1 Like

A photo of each pet is helpful, but also are photos of the home, especially the bedroom where we are to sleep, the kitchen and bathroom says a lot about an owners cleanliness. I think some complaints are when the photos are only of their pets and not the home. I did not mean I wasn’t interested in the HO at all, as I do like to know what type of work they are in, or were, if retired. Just some are way too detailed.

2 Likes

I think one photo of each pet should be enough, as even a dozen pictures won’t tell you much about its personality !
On the other hand, pictures of the place where you are going to live for some time are much more valuable . Garden and surroundings also, please!

3 Likes