Question to house-sitter: if the owner want to come back for couple a day and stay with you would you be able?

I have a question?
WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO STAY WITH THE OWNER IF THEY WANT TO COME BACK HERE AND THERE? AND STAY WITH YOU IN THE HOUSE?

Hi @danihuard thank you for asking your question, TrustedHousesitters has a strict no third party present at a sit. In other words the sitter is the only occupant of the home for the duration of the sit.

If a situation arises where the owners wish to return during the sit and this enables the sitter to leave, should they wish, that is a different proposition however this all has to be discussed, mutually agreed and acceptable to everyone involved.

2 Likes

Thank you Angela is it a place in the rule for owner for house-sitter that we can refer if this situation happen?

1 Like

We did a sit recently where the home host wanted a sitter for a month which was to cover the duration of their two, two week holidays. They told us that there was a two day gap in between their holidays so they would be returning home for that period to refresh, re-pack, and re-energise.
We had no objection to that so agreed and it all worked out fine.

1 Like

We too had an extended sit where the HO was away for a while, came home for a few days, and then was away again. No probs. We actually became very good friends and had dinner together each night we overlapped.

Communication up front prior to agreeing to the sit was key, with both parties being clear on expectations and arrangements.

4 Likes

We agreed to that once because there was a gap between their two trips and they would be staying one night in between. Although it’s not “technically” allowed, I think as long as both parties agree and are comfortable with it ahead of time, I figure why not. To me, it’s not a lot different from us staying the first or last night when they are there.

The only downside was feeling like I had to do a super cleaning job the day they returned for their one nighter.

6 Likes

It is a condition in TrustedHousesitters T&C’s.

Other members have made their situations work, however it is all down to communication, mutual agreement and making certain that any arrangement works 100% for everyone involved.

1 Like

On our very first house sit the homeowners said they were returning a night earlier. Also, during the house sit, they said their daughter needed to spend the night at their home. It was our very first sit seven years ago - not a great experience. and we thought of not continuing but we did and great experiences since!

2 Likes

Interesting… I have an overseas sitting that I now regularly go to a few days before the sitting and stay for a week or more afterwards. It turned out after the first sitting I did that we all got on so well and we have become friends and I am welcome to go and visit any time!

I’m due to go there shortly for a month, they are only planning a road trip of 12-14 days, they are very happy for me to use their house as a base and I will do my own mini road trip when they return before flying home.

So I guess it all depends on how well the relationship between HO and sitter develops…

5 Likes

Same here. If the bond is there and has been discussed and agreed upon it’s a yes for me.
It turns into some very delightful friendships and experiences.

2 Likes

What about the experience is not delightful what can I do?

1 Like

THAT GREAT i AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT

1 Like

If it is not something you wish to do, it’s simple, No.

The Terms and Conditions will support you and you can refer to them if necessary.

1 Like