Questions about not renewing this year

Just a couple of questions about not renewing.
I understand that if we don’t renew our membership then all our data is saved for two years, correct? Just to clarify, does that mean when we do renew everything is exactly the same once our profile goes ‘live’ again?
Do we have to inform you that we won’t be renewing?
And do we then have to pay the ‘new member’ price or our ‘renewal’ price?
Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

This link might answer some of your questions.

2 Likes

Hello @PandAonTour and thank-you for your questions.

You are correct in your understanding about how long the data is saved, and I would personally recommend you also take screen shots or cut and paste your reviews / profile / listing etc. to ensure you have a backup copy. Not because the info won’t be there but because it’s easy to forget renewal dates once you pause a subscription :slight_smile: I know… I’ve done it!

Once your membership expires TrustedHousesitters will keep your data for two years. This includes your profile and or listing reviews/feedback and welcome guide. Within this two year period you will be able to see all your data once you renew. After 2 years the data in deleted in accordance with the GDPR data protection regs.

In terms of your other questions I’m going to tag @Lucy-B who will be able to help and advise.

I hope it’s not too long before we see you back house sitting again! And of course the forum is a place to discuss all sorts of topics, so we hope to still see you around here until you return. All the very best, Vanessa and the team

Thanks @Vanessa_A and hello to you @PandAonTour. I am sorry to hear you are thinking of postponing your renewal and like Vanessa says, hope it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back again.

In answer to the renewal fee query, one of the perks of remaining on a subscription is it ensures you enjoy the same low price every year, even if the cost of membership increases. By cancelling your subscription, you will unfortunately lose the rate that is ‘locked in’. This means that when you do choose to rejoin, you will be joining at the membership rate at that time.

Of course you are welcome to contact our Membership Services team to see if we have any promotions running at the time of rejoining.

I do hope we will still see you here on the forum whatever you choose to do.

Best wishes
Lucy

2 Likes