Ready for New Adventures from Northern Arizona

I returned to settle down in my native Arizona in 2017 after many years living overseas in the Air Force and touring across North American and Great Britain playing music with my then-husband.
In the past 6 years I’ve been busy with the spiritual center my ex and I founded, then caring for my 90+ years old mom who transitioned this past October, followed by the passing of the last of my beloved Shih Tzus, Katie Isabella. In April I am resigning from the Board of our Center and passing the torch to a young couple with a lovely vision moving forward.

All that to say, I am a free-spirited Sagittarius who always loved to travel. That was the best part of my 15 living and working years in motorhomes. I did most of the driving because I loved the freedom it affords on the open highway.

I’m now looking to returning to places I’ve lived and visited overseas - England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and discovering the beauty in other parts of our planet.

To say I love animals, pets in particular, is an understatement. I’m the one who is invited to friends’ homes, and who spends ever minute possible petting, snuggling with and engaging pets in conversation (don’t judge! LOL).

In the attached photos are Katie in her car seat. Although she was, for the most part blind, she loved sitting up in her seat looking out the window. The other is Katie and my precious Zoey whom I lost in 2019. 2 of my 6 rescue Shih Tzus that I have loved beyond distraction.

I’m also looking forward to making new and lasting friendships through this next adventure. I hope to hear from you!

You can also add a link to your main platform profile or listing in your forum profile.

4 Likes

Hi @SheVetKelley. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and our friendly community. I was so sorry to hear about your mom and Katie Isabella. It sounds like they both lived long and well.

It’s so exciting to hear that you’re starting a more adventurous phase of your life. Where will your first stop be?

When you get a moment, please add a link to your sitter listing to your forum profile. That way, we’ll be able to get to know you better. Here’s how to do that:

Happy travels!

Hi @SheVetKelley. Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are an adventurous and openminded type. You’ll love your new adventures!!!

1 Like

Thank you, Karen, for those kind words. I’ll do that today.

I’m super excited about this next chapter. My first stop unless something comes up ahead of it, is Belize for 3 weeks This is just a gift to myself. My first book should be out by then and I’ll be working on my 2nd. For some reason, I was awake a lot last night with topic ideas keeping me awake.

How long have you been with THS? Or are you one of the owners?

Thank you for reaching out!

Post moderated to stay within forum guidelines. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Hello @SheVetKelley and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and Katie Isabella.

I see that you have now added your THS profile on to your profile on here. I just had a peruse and it looks great. My only suggestion would be to maybe add a couple of character references, these are always good to have when you are starting out and trying to secure your first sit.

Whereabouts are you hoping your first sit will take you? :earth_americas::blush:

Welcome, @SheVetKelley! I think @Karen_E may have missed your reply. I’ve had this happen to me, so I try to tag (@) people every time just in case.

I also took care of my mom before she passed. I’m sure yours appreciated it, too.

Yes, this sounds like the start of a great new adventure! Bon voyage!

3 Likes

Thanks @geoff.hom. Yes, I did miss it.

Hi @SheVetKelley. I’ve been a member of TrustedHousesitters since 2013 but have worked as part of the team for less than a year. Belize for 3 weeks? That is a gift! Best wishes for both of your books to do well.

Thank you, Karen, I’m beyond excited. Traveling as a single woman feels a little daunting at times, but I’m definitely equal to the task!
Today and possibly through the weekend, I’m “stuck” in Santa Fe, NM due to the weather, but I can think of fewer places I’d rather bee “stuck” in than the La Fonda Hotel Resort. LOL.
I’m eager to get my first THS gig, but probably won’t be ready until Jun-July due to all the untanglements and responsibilities over the last 6 years running my spiritual center. I expect to be done by April 1, then having a ‘yard sale’ to lighten my load.

1 Like

Oh, I was wondering if I could add a ‘testimonial’ from the people I housesat for, for 5 months last year. It didn’t include a pet, but it speaks to my responsibility.

Oh, duh, I just saw the email that came in before yours about first time sitting. thank you .