Referring new members to TrustedHousesitters (RAF - Refer a Friend)

Over the years I’ve gotten lots of people to join TH using my code - I got 2 free months and they got 25% off initial membership fee. Is this still available? A friend is having difficulty joining.

2 Likes

The ‘refer friends’ clickable is still in the top right corner of my THS homepage. That makes me think it’s still available. Did you use that?

1 Like

Hello @MissoulaCarol and welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for referring your friends there is no greater endorsement than having our own members bring new members into the community.

Refer A Friend or RAF is still part of your membership and just as a refresher here is a link on how it all works How does the Refer A Friend scheme work? – TrustedHousesitters

Thank you again and we look forward to sharing in your THS journey and experiences I’m sure there are many.

Angela & The Team

2 Likes

I used to refer people when you had an Ambassador’s Program. I actually put a lot of effort into it. Personally not worth the effort any more.

1 Like

Why is it not worth your effort? Is your time worth more than 2 free month’s membership?

1 Like

I am an advocate for THS and spread the word (and 25% off link) to as many people as possible. In the beginning you could see who signed up using your link, but now, it just shows how many months you have gotten for free. Does anyone know how to determine who accepted the offer? I want to be able to personally thank them and welcome them to THS.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to refer people to the TrustedHousesitters Forum

I have received confirmation of an additional 2 months due to a referral I made.
Is it possible, when this happens, to be told who joined as a result of referrals?

Hi @Dawnie congratulations and thank you for helping to spread the word about TrustedHousesitters I’m going to tag @Therese from Membership Services who will help to answer this for you when she is back online.

Thank you again …

1 Like

Thank you. I think it would be a really useful feature for advising sitters of successful referrals!

1 Like

I asked the same question and was told it was right on the page, but it wasn’t. I have no idea who were the last two referrals, giving me four more months. It would be great to know so I could thank them.

1 Like

Jumping onto this thread, I also received an email indicating that I had received an additional two months after a friend joined THS. Do the additional two months match whichever plan the sitter currently has @Therese? For example, if a sitter has a premium plan, are the two additional months also for the premium plan? Thanks!

2 Likes

@Dawnie @long1016 @Mary-Kay If you go onto your Dashboard on the website, look down the left side where it says Member Benefits. Scroll down and you will be able to click where it says Friends who have joined.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Temba! Are you using a computer or the app? On my computer, I don’t see “Member Benefits”. If I scroll down, I see four blocks categorizing different member benefits. The block on the right says, “Refer a friend”. At the bottom of that section, it says, “Your rewards: 2 free months”. Membership extended until September 2022." There isn’t any mention of a name.

I’ll check my app to see if it’s mentioned there.

Edited to add the following screenshot:

I can’t find members benefits on my app, so thought it might be on my laptop?

Hello,
In the web site, I think this is your own dashboard listed in the menu under your name.

1 Like

Thanks @Flora! :grinning: The screenshot I posted above was of my dashboard. It’s of the section at the very bottom.

@Dawnie @Mary-Kay @long1016 @temba @Flora @Angela_L
Thank you for your posts. I am sorry for this slight confusion.
Members who are Classic members @Dawnie will see a slightly different dashboard at the moment. Their refer-a-friend block is under Member Benefits and is on the left-hand side of their dashboard. If you click ‘Friends who have joined’ you will see the friends there. However, Standard, and Premium members will see the Refer a Friend block right at the bottom of their dashboard, on the right hand side. This big white block does not have the ability to let you know who has joined. It just shows the months added. I am still waiting for clarity from the tech team if the friends are going to be added in the future.
Standard and Premium members are seeing the start of our new dashboard, which once complete will be rolled out to all accounts. This is the beginning of our new website design.
I hope this helps clarify a little better and we are so sorry for any confusion and frustration.

5 Likes

Thanks @Therese for indeed clarifying the differences re referrals depending on which membership members have. Also it’s interesting to learn the dashboard is undergoing a revamp. I hope the tech team definitely continue to make visible those friends who have joined through referral.

3 Likes

@Mary-Kay, it’s good Therese has clarified the differences in referral notification between memberships and the new dashboard design. I have a Classic membership, hence me seeing which friends have joined.

3 Likes