Renewed greetings from a “lapsed” member

Hello Everyone. It feels great to be back here. More than 2 years ago I was fortunate enough to be a Guinea pig tester of this forum before it went live to the community; an experience I thoroughly enjoyed and felt very committed to. Unfortunately, real life intervened with a sledgehammer and a serious illness meant that I had to step away and concentrate on horrid things instead of pet sitting and its community. However, thanks to fabulous, clever and dedicated medical professionals who just can’t be lauded enough IMHO, Team Saltrams has had the all-clear and has resumed pet sitting, after more than 18 months’ absence. Yay :grinning: :dancer:t3: :boom:

17 Likes

A very warm welcome back @Saltrams :hugs: I’m happy to hear you are feeling better and able to join us once more. Are there any particular sit locations you’re looking forward to visiting again? Do you have a favorite past sit? Once again, welcome back, and happy travels!

3 Likes

Thank you @Julie_A we were so looking forward to getting back into sitting but today we learnt about and fell victim to the 5 application limit for a sit we would have applied for, it’s a very disheartening return :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

@Saltrams yes, although downplayed and
touted as good for THS members overall, many of us have been affected in a bad way, sadly.

1 Like

Great news!
Greetings from a newbie!

1 Like

I’m very disappointed.

How did you get the :+1:t3: Comment to my post please? My only reaction option is to “love” :white_heart:-:heart: a post.

It took me a while to work it out. Just hold your finger on the heart and a few options will appear.

@Saltrams as @Twitcher says here
“It took me a while to work it out. Just hold your finger on the heart and a few options will appear.”

Oh yes! Thank you @ExploreDreamDiscover and @Twitcher

1 Like

Welcome back @Saltrams! So glad the health scare is behind you. Hope you enjoy the adventures that await you! Many good wishes.

2 Likes

Saltrams, what wonderful news, Welcome back.

1 Like

That’s great news team @Saltrams Welcome back!

1 Like

Hi @Saltrams welcome back you have been greatly missed, we are thrilled that you are well and have come through your health challenges. We look forward to sharing in your continued good health and new pet sitting adventures.

Angela and the Team

4 Likes

Welcome back and continued healing and growth.
Animals are good medicine.

2 Likes

Welcome back @Saltrams and what wonderful news you have received the “all clear” after a very serious health scare. Yes, changes, not necessarily for the better, have been occurring in your absence!! Enjoy your pet sitting adventures once again.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Angela_L; I was thinking to write you a note but you must have so much correspondence to deal with, so I just hoped you would see my message here. I hope you & your family are thriving? Your “new arrival” must be walking & talking by now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you @Amparo; that’s so true. I’m very acquainted with the healing “powers of the dog”

1 Like

Welcome back Team @Saltrams … how wonderful to have you return in full health, back to house sitting and back to contributing in the forum with balanced clarity and wisdom. It’s hard to believe that 18 months have passed since you were last here! Hope you find a fab house sit soon and we all look forward to having you around again!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts @Vanessa_A