Saturday Check In - Where In The World Are You?

Happy Saturday!!

We’re a community of pet loving travellers who are once again beginning to enjoy our TrustedHousesitters unique, authentic and beloved lifestyle … so where are you right now, who are you with and are there any pets in your company?

Pets People & Places … our member’s mantra.

Photo: The lavender fields of Provence

4 Likes

This weekend marks the 1st anniversary of being in Cove, Scotland … A full time sitter I came here after flying back from the States where we due to launch TrustedHousesitters Ambassador Program and City by City Campaign, which came to an abrupt halt.

No travel or sits for 12 months and this has been my daily “office” view

One blessing and if we can find a positive in this the most challenging year of everyone’e life, it is a blessing, COVID put me where I was meant to be as I have been able to help “raise” my first and only granddaughter Grace who is now 7 months old … although I do think puppies are easier:))

7 Likes

So beautiful. I love lavender fields & would be happy to just sit & smell right there.

1 Like

HI @Patsylittle, Happy Monday!

The lavender fields are beautiful indeed, you are right this image takes you right there.

Welcome to our community forum, so glad you have joined it would be lovely to hear more about your TrustedHousesitters journey. We hope that you enjoy the conversations and connecting with other members sharing experiences and pet and housesitting stories.

Angela and the Team

We’re back in Norfolk after recently finishing a 10 week Sit in Wales. We managed to get a rental as our family that do have room are vulnerable and would be breaking the lockdown rules. Needed to be back for our jabs. Definitely missing pet company already can’t wait for our next Sit which sadly isn’t until mid April. Stay safe everyone :purple_heart:

2 Likes

What a stunning pic, beautiful! Love lavender fields​:cherry_blossom: (nothing like lavender :joy:)

2 Likes

Arrived in Gijon in Asturias in November for a 4 month sit for 2 cats which has now stretched into an 8 month sit with the home-owners unable to return until June. The longest I’ve lived anywhere during the last 7 years of full-time house-sitting. Consider myself very lucky to be in a lively town with the benefits of a beautiful coastline and surrounded by mountains with secure accommodation during these challenging times.

6 Likes

I know this will be sad news for many people who love their pets and hate to leave them but in 7years I’ve only had one small dog that pined for a couple of days. Most animals including these two cats are perfectly happy if they are being loved and fed and for cats, to having taught the new servant their preferred routines. Given the current circumstances I consider myself very fortunate to have secure accommodation although I have to admit to beginning to have very itchy feet and to looking forward to the next new adventure.

3 Likes

Been out all day in the garden at home.
Sitting down in front of a lovely open fire.
Enjoying a GT.

1 Like

:thinking:Currently thinking of all the sitters/homeowners caught in the storm front hitting our region of NSW.

1 Like

Thank you @TheMapleKiwi please stay safe and well, our thoughts are with everyone affected by these terrible storms and floods.

1 Like

Hope everyone is safe.

2 Likes

Lavender Fields in Kinross Scotland. Not as beautiful as Provence I’ll admit.

3 Likes

Just beautiful

1 Like

The thought was there.

1 Like