Saying hi from the Netherlands

Hello everybody!

My name is Coriena and I live in the beautiful city of Leiden. I joined about a week ago and immediately began to look for housesits in my surroundings. To gain some experience and because of the pandemic still being a threat I thought I’d start nearby and I got my first one today! I’ll stay for 1,5 month (!) in a city next to my own looking after 2 lovely cats and will go there a week from now. Very exciting!!!

I’m planning to do sits on my own in the Netherlands so I can work while I’m there and next to that I’d love to do housesits in other countries together with my boyfriend. We’re both huge animal lovers and this could be perfect for us!

8 Likes

Welcome Coriena and congratulations on getting your first sit! I am in the UK, and I housesit with my husband and 2 sons. Like you, we have been sitting in our own country to get some experience. We’d love to try some sits in other countries once the world is a little more normal.

2 Likes

Welcome @Coriena ! Congratulations on securing your first sit. I am in the US but took a MOOC at the University of Leiden while home bound during this past pandemic year.

3 Likes

Hi @Coriena and welcome to our wonderful forum and to our TrustedHousesitters lifestyle. Congratulations on getting your first sit, it’s such a great feeling when that invitation drops into your in box. Starting local, as local as you can is the advice we always give, it allows you to build up references, be on the “doorstep” to meet owners, if they request it and you can be really flexible which helps tremendously. I and a half months is a long sit and will really give you time to live like a local and really bond with the two kitties.

We hope you enjoy connecting with members from all over the world and joining in the conversations, out community is so helpful and supportive … they will give you a warm welcome and great advice.

Angela & The Team

2 Likes

welcome @Coriena and congratulations on your first sit! We too only joined recently and have now done 2 sits. This group is really inspiring. We are hoping to travel further away before the end of the year - fingers crossed

4 Likes

Welcome Coriena :-). Congratulations on your first sit! You will have a great time with this new adventure, making new friends both human and animal. House sitting is a very rewarding experience whether you stay near home or go further afield. Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes