Sitters saving listing but not applying?

Hi @keelyreyes I just looked at your listing and it looks great- plenty of good pics & clear explanations. November is a long way off so I would not panic at all yet that you have no applications. Many sitters, ourselves included, would not apply so far ahead especially for a short sit of only 5 days. I would say a short sit where transport is needed is more likely to appeal to a sitter more local to you. If I was a host I would certainly reach out to sitters who’ve favourited me. We are sitters and sometimes a host who we’ve favourited reaches out to us and invites us- sometimes- if we’re sitting on the hedge for whatever reason & are actually available- its just the nudge we need to apply! If we’re not available- at least we know we like each other so a future sit is possible! Just reach out- you have nothing to lose!

1 Like

Well I’ve just confirmed my first sitter from that reach out - she’s from Argentina, coming via Berlin, neither of us have feedback and we had a video call with my muy dodgy Spanish as she is coming here to learn English :joy::joy::joy: I’m taking aaall the risks! As is she to be fair…
But she seems lovely and I’m excited!
Now I just need to book more holidays so I can do it again​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I see so many that I would ABSOLUTELY love to sit at, but the dates do not work. In that case, I favorite the owner so that I can be notified in hopes that a date will come available that I can sit for them! It’s a bucket list of sits for me when I favorite them!!

2 Likes