Sitters who 'favourite' your listing?

So we’re very fortunate and have had a lot of sitters who have at least liked the look of our listing and "favourited’ us (I know this isn’t a word but…)

The problem is, each time a sitter likes the listing I get a tiny photo by email and then have to search through all the sitters who have already ‘saved’ us seeing if I can match the photo to the listing so that I can read their profile. The way the sitters are listed in my ‘whose saved your listing’ tab on THS makes no sense whatsoever as far as I can see. It’s not be name, by area, by when they ‘saved you’. It even moves about so they come up in different places from time to time.
Am I missing some key factor here that would help me find those who have saved us rather than going through each tiny picture to see if I recognise them from the email THS has sent me! As I said we have a lot of sitters who have saved us so it’s getting harder and harder to have a look at who they are and then save them if we want to reach out to them in the future.
Would it be possible for example to have the latest sitters who save your listing coming in at the end and then at least they would be easy to find.

1 Like

When I mark a listing as a favourite, that just means that I would like to get a notification of the next time that the HO is posting new dates.

Some might be practical. For example if it is in Hamburg, where I am passing when I take the train to the continent.

Others are just dreams, like for example remote Pacific islands etc.

Hi yes I know that it doesn’t mean that I have sitters lined up in their thousands wanting to sit! It’s just that if by chance I have dates coming up I may reach out to sitters who have ‘saved’ for whatever reason (once I’ve checked their available dates :joy:). My problem is actually looking in the list I have of sitters who have saved us for whatever reason and finding the new sitters who have saved us as their names and details seem to be in a totally disordered arrangement of photographs and names with no reference to anything! I just wondered if there was a key I was missing or if indeed some sort of order could be arranged.

This issue has been raised numerous times @largo but unfortunately THS has not addressed it. I can well imagine your frustration!

I always wanted to see what that looks like from the HOs side? Does anybody have a screenshot that they are willing to share? Feel free to send me a private message.

1 Like

not sure I can as it has people’s faces and names, basically it’s pages of the profile pictures individual sitters use and their names and where their location is eg town and country. As a host I can like individual sitters who have saved us by tapping the heart shape by them which goes green (used to go red!) That doesn’t sort them either :rofl: :rofl:

As a sitter, can I see which HOs have favourited (excellent new word!) me?

I favourite sits so that when I have an opportunity to sit, I can filter those who are currently seeking a sitter - it would be great to be able to put a date range in too.

No @DianeS, unfortunately we sitters do not have that option of seeing which owners may have ‘favourited’ us.

Wait no way I never knew this :open_mouth:

Can homeowners favourite us?

Why can’t we see it?

I’m facing the same problem, but from a sitter’s point of view. I have ‘favourited’ a sit because it looks like a good one, currently has no applicants, but I can’t make the dates that the HO have suggested. I would like to contact the HO to ask whether their dates are set in stone, but don’t want to annoy them by using up one of their 5 applications with what is effectively a non-application.

I can’t seem to find any way of contacting them without applying/non-applying, so I am hoping that – if they think I might be suitable for their sit – they might be able to reach out to me. But from what you’ve mentioned in your original post it sounds as though this requires a bit of detective work!

I’m sure that you used to just be able to contact HO without actually applying for a specific sit, which made things far easier, and also allowed you to ask for additional info to ensure that you actually wanted to apply for the sit without wasting anyone’s time. I’m not sure what the benefit of limiting communication is. Perhaps THS can shed some light?

@Becca there is no other way to contact an owner other than apply -

There is nothing wrong with doing this as THS suggest it …

If you find out the dates aren’t flexible you can later withdraw your “application “ ( so they will still get 5 applications before the listing is paused ) . The benefits of doing this are that you will be able to continue to communicate with them at any time in the future through your inbox .

2 Likes

no we can’t I don’t think.
It’s only when a sitter ‘favourites’ us that we get an email saying this has happened. That’s the part when I look to see if I think they might be a fit for the future and ‘favourite’ them. Mainly as a way of identifying someone who might be a fit for us in the future based on their expressed interest in us, at the point of time in which they ‘favourited’ us. All quite complex!

Thanks @Silversitters - that’s really good to know. I didn’t know that you could withdraw an application once made, but that makes good sense. I might just take the plunge!

Sometimes functionality on the THS platform is completely different on the app versus the Web version. Have you checked both to see if the “other” version is better/more clear?