Sitters who've saved my listing

Is there a way to delete the sitters who’ve saved a previous listing of mine? It gets confusing, to me, when I try to see who’s saved my current listing, when I see everyone who’s saved my previous ones!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, speaking as a sitter I often see listings that I am interested in but cannot do the dates so I ‘save’ them and a red heart appears. I then get an alert when a new listing appears.
I wasn’t aware that homeowners could see that it had been saved and I had shown an interest.
Recently the Premium Membership has been introduced for homeowners and I thought it was a new feature of that membership that they could see who had ‘saved’ them.
I would be grateful for any thoughts on this. Thanks

9 Likes

I also save listings that I might like to do in the future even though I’m not available for the current dates. If you as a HO are in need of a sitter in the future, you can refer to this list. If you invite sitter who has favorited your listing, there is a better chance the invitation will be accepted since the sitter has already expressed interest.

6 Likes

I also favorite for reasons as noted by others. When those sits have new dates, the “new dates” notification comes earlier than my saved search matches notification. So for those I’ve favourited I get a tiny bit of advance notice over those who haven’t favourites.

6 Likes
Thank you, everyone, I didn't realize that when sitters saved a listing that they would get notified of new sit dates. So, obviously, now I don't want to delete them! 

Again, thank you!!
4 Likes

I do still have this same question. I had an OLD listing and then I moved to an entire new house/property and created a new listing. But I still see a list of people who have “saved my listing” but that was for my old listing and old city…so those sitters were mostly interested in that city.
Is there a way to have a new list of ‘saves’ since it’s an entire new listing? Or two different listings? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @LGL an interesting question that I’ll refer to @Therese for a response next time she’s online. I’m sure that other homeowners who have moved will be interested in the response.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

1 Like

I thought that if you deleted a ‘heart’ saving for whatever reason, it came off permanently?

Hi @LGL … thank you @Snowbird@Willexcell
To clarify. A few points to note. You can only have one listing per account.
On your existing account, if you have moved and changed your listing location, your feedback will then be reflected as if they are at the new location.
The sitters who have saved you, will get your listing notification when you add new dates. They can then naturally ‘un-/save/favourite’ you, should your new location not be where they want to be.
I would like to suggest that in your first paragraph, that you mention you have moved from the one location to the other, so when a sitter reads your listing and feedback, they will immediately be aware of the location change. This rarely causes issues going forward.
I hope this helps. Kind regards Therese

6 Likes

Therese,
I did not send a message saying I changed location. I am not an owner so sitters could not be saving my listing. Don’t understand what point you are making here.

1 Like

Hello @Therese I understand your response to @LGL from a sitter’s perspective, but I see @LGL’s question differently. Let me use an example. Let’s say they lived in Hawaii and 100 members favourited their listing. Then they moved to a rural area of New York State and posted a listing for February. It’s unlikely that their ‘Hawaii list’ of favourites is relevant for them. Is there a way for them to ‘wipe the slate clean’ and start over? If not, when they next create a listing, how will they identify the new people who have favourited their new location? If they can’t refresh the list, their list becomes ineffective, especially if that homeowner wants to approach interested sitters directly. How can they now identify them? I realize all systems have limitations, but I think that’s their question.

5 Likes

@Snowbird Thank you! You explained my issue exactly.

@Therese

I moved FROM a cool condo in a Chicago neighborhood to a very rural home in Central New Jersey. Totally different vibe.

So sitters who favorited my old listing were specifically looking to visit Chicago (city, easy to get around sans car, etc). These sitters are not interested in my new rural/suburban home.

I would suggest that I have ability to remove them (or they are automatically removed when I create an entirely new listing) or at least please create some simple code that designates they were “attached” to the old Chicago listing and not my new NJ listing so when I am seeking a sitter (as I am right now) I’m not spamming the old sitters who favorited the Chicago condo several years ago who’d have zero interest in suburban listing.

I look at my list now and it’s very hard to tell which sitters liked it previously and which are new.
I think this little improvement would help so much and make it more efficient for all!

6 Likes

@LGL asked the question which Therese answered. I am a HO and I understand her explanation. What it looks from the sitter’s side I don’t know. I actually don’t understand what heart you’re talking about.

@Therese
Another suggestion (on top of adding tags for the date they favorited at least–so I’d know if it was before or after I moved) would be to at least have the favourites list populate in chronological order so I can see who’s has favorited the listing most recently. But right now I have nearly 50 sitters who’ve favorited it and they are in a random order which is a bummer. I have no way of seeing which are for my new listing.

Ultimately, I’m trying to invite sitters to my listing. I’d hate to spam them all asking if they’re interested in my sit if they favourited my OLD listing years ago. Seems like bad etiquette.
Seems like some easy coding could make the list more efficient and user friendly so I can find the sitters who are actually potentially interested…rather than guessing.

2 Likes

While browsing listing for a potential sit, each listing has a little heart in the corner for us. If we select it, it will add the listing to our favorite list, and will let us know when there is a posting for it.

This is the exact thing I had been doing as well.

2 Likes

Hi @LGL Thank you for your suggestion which I will forward to our tech team.
Yes, at the moment, all sitters who saved your old location, will be notified of your new dates, and they will quickly see that your location has changed, so if they are not interested, they would then have to un-favour you. However, ‘saved’ sitters may certainly like the appeal of your new location.
I would like to suggest, that instead of approaching the sitters individually at this point, is to rather re-boost your listing, so this brings it to the top of the website, and is sent out to all the available sitters with notifications also going to all your ‘saved’ sitters.
You can do this yourself under your Manage Date block. If you need any further help, please do email us on support@trustedhousesitters.com as always happy to help.
Kind regards
Therese

4 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully the tech team can easily add either “date favourited” or just at least have the list be chronological. That would be very helpful for a Home Owner who’s moved and created a new listing that is in an entirely new state and type of area!
Thanks again!

3 Likes

Actually I do know that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So, from the homeowner’s side, can you mark your favorite pet/house sitter?