HOs Do You Look at “Favourites” by Sitters?

Buonasera HOs

Do you monitor the sitters who have marked you as a favourite? Do you look at their profiles and do you invite them to sit?

3 Likes

@Saltrams,

Great questions! I can only speak for myself and what we do…there have been way too many people that have favorited our listing for us to go through it often. What I will tell you is in the situation where we have not found a sitter to our listing or have posted a listing that is somewhat last minute we do look at those that have favorited our listing to see if there may be any good matches for our sit. If there are and they have availability or at least it looks that way then yes we do invite them to sit.

3 Likes

How do we know if someone has “favorited” us?

1 Like

As a sitter only, I’m afraid I don’t know the answer but I know these people who do :wink: @Vanessa_A @Therese @Karen_E and @Debbie-L

Well, yes - of course! I’ve looked at each one of the sitters who have ‘favourited’ my listing. Where I think they are a suitable match, I have ‘favourited’ them back. I’ve not yet had an opportunity to invite any to sit - I would probably only do that to the UK based ones, or possibly the European ones where I know it’s quite easy to get to our local airport.

If you’re a home-owner who is logged into the website version, click onto your user name/profile picture which brings up a menu. Halfway down is “Who has saved your listing”.

1 Like

Replying to @Ketch;
Thank you & I’m really glad to hear that you do that. As mentioned, I’m a sitter only member and have no insight into how the THS platform presents itself to HOs but it seems, from casual observation, that very few HOs use, or even know about this aspect of the service.
What is more, I was completely unaware that sitters could be favourites of owners (clearly I’m not anyone’s favourite :slightly_frowning_face:!) I will now root around to see if I can see a place for sitters to know if anyone likes them….

1 Like

I think it’s just that home-owners/sitters engage with THS differently - HOs may only be engaging when they post a listing; sitters are more likely to engage frequently as they look for interesting sits.

The forum too is dominated by sitters, definitely fewer home-owners.

I don’t see that option as homeowner. I don’t think it is available at the basic membership level.

1 Like

I am a HO and cannot see who has saved my listing because I have only basic membership. That may be why other HOs aren’t checking the sitters who have saved their listing.

1 Like

I’m a home-owner, I only have basic membership and I can see 8 sitters who have saved my listing as a favourite.

Interesting. Maybe nobody has saved my listing, but I would think I could still see the option. When looking at features of different memberships, it shows the “See who saves your listing” as available for the 2 higher membership levels, but not mine.

My mistake, @Lassie - sorry! I thought there were only two levels of membership, I’d forgotten there were three.

So to answer @Saltrams original question, only home-owners with premium or standard memberships can see which sitters have saved their listing. HOs with basic membership cant.

I am a homeowner. I know that when sitters mark our home as a “favorite”, I receive a notification that they have done so. I can pull up the profiles of anyone who has us marked as a favorite. I understand that the sitters who have done this are immediately notified when I post new dates. That seems really important with the 5 applicant rule…sitters who haven’t marked us as a favorite don’t know about the sit for hours or even days after I post. But this doesn’t seem to work in reverse. What I mean is, when I mark a sitter as a favorite, that sitter has no idea I’ve done so. They aren’t notified, and so they don’t check out our listing (whether it’s active or not). Also, I can’t seem to contact the sitters without actively inviting them to sit for me. There’s no option to communicate with them to see if they’d really be a good fit, or even if they’d be interested in sitting for me - ever! And I can’t pull all my favorites up all at once to compare and review. I can pull up all the sitters who have marked ME as a favorite potential sit, but I can’t pull up all the sitters that I have marked as favorites. Am I missing something? Does anyone know how to do that?

3 Likes

Hello, @2Globetrotters Welcome to the community forum and it’s great to have you here.

Thank you for the feedback and questions. It’s super helpful to hear from members what is working on the platform and ideas of what might work better.

I have copied this to our internal feedback channel so it can be seen by the product team.

As a sitter, it would be great if we can see owners who have favourited our profile :grin:

As a sitter we do not mind if owners invite us but need to ask more questions, as the owners and sitter still have to officially accept later before it is 100% confirmed, so we understand that the initial invitation might be to ask questions and is not necessarily a done deal. But suggestions for how it could work better are always welcome.

We also have this topic:

You should be able to view all of the sitters that you have saved as favourites by selecting the drop-down menu on the right next to your name icon and clicking on favourites. If this is not working please let me know and I will assist you further.

Hi Carla, and thanks for your response to my question about how to see the sitters I’ve marked as favorites. I tried the dropdown, but it doesn’t appear to be working for me. I took a photo of the screen that comes up, and it really looks like it should bring them up - but it doesn’t. I can’t get past this screen… Maybe there’s a glitch? Anyway, I thought I’d let you know.

Thanks again,
Julie

Hello @2Globetrotters Julie, Yes, that does not look right at all. I will pass this on to Membership Services and someone will reach out to you to assist you further. Thank you for the screenshot it’s very helpful. Please look out for their email :grinning:

Thank you! We appreciate that!!

Thanks you, Carla - It’s good to know most sitters wouldn’t take it personally if we invited them, then decided not to accept their application in the end. I appreciate your help!
Julie

1 Like

Hi Carla. Yesterday, Victor sent an email asking further questions about this. I answered them all, and checked to see if it was doing the same thing on different devices and with different browsers (it was), so hopefully that will help squish this bug! I imagine someone will let me know if changes are made that might make it possible for me to see all my favorites. Have a great day.

3 Likes