Suggestion to improve email notifications

Hi, I have a suggestion to improve how the THS email notification system works.

Currently news and alerts from THS are sent from the same address and using the same mailing list. Also, the unsubscribe option is all-or-nothing.

My suggestion would be to separate the emails so that notifications come from a separate email address than news, such as notifications@trustedhousesitters.com. (AirBNB does this for example: automated@airbnb.com, discover@airbnb.com, etc.).

That helps busy people like many of us to not feel like we’re drowning in emails.

Thank you for your consideration!

Thanks!
James

2 Likes

@james excellent suggestion. I had to turn off email notifications, they were so time consuming. I get notifications from the app about saved searches and new listings by my favourites, there is no need for emails as well.

Hi @james welcome to our community forum and thank you for contributing your suggestion and feedback on member’s CRM journey.

The team monitor the forum daily as a valuable source for member feedback and sentiment but I will forward this to the CRM team.

Thank you again.

I have been using THS for just over a year. I was checking the site and noticed I missed 6 messages that have been sent to me. I had THS notifications on my phone. Once I have been invited and accepted I have asked them to text me so I actually receive the messages from the homeowners. Does anyone have a solution?
I just read a suggestion from @james, I agree to separate the notifications and the messages from the home owners.

1 Like

@Kath6 Wishing you a very warm welcome to the community forum, it’s lovely to have you here. Just to try and help you further, do you mean that you had 6 new messages in your THS inbox, but did not get the notifications on your phone? or that you did not get email notifications about the new messages?

Hopefully, other members can give you some more ideas and you can also reach out to Membership Services at support@trustedhousesitters.com

I will also point you in the right direction regarding previous topics once I know more. :slight_smile:

That is correct I had 6 messages in THS in box but I didn’t get notifications even though I had my notifications turned on. I was told that I have to open the THS app in my phone to see the messages, but I’m sure i have received many through my email.

1 Like

Hello @Kath6 Thank you for adding more details. I wonder if you have become unsubscribed from emails or if your settings have been changed. Also, you could check your phone notification settings have not changed. Outside of that, I would contact the Membership Services team as they can check your email status and assist you further.

Please reach out to the at support@trustedhousesitters.com or the help desk:
https://support.trustedhousesitters.com/hc/en-gb where you can select to chat.

I hope it gets sorted soon for you :slight_smile: