Warm hello from a polish girl in England :)

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:

My name is Magdalena and I am very new to house sitting, but it sounds and looks like a wonderful idea for travel and spending time with some lovely pets.
I myself had cats in the past but I had to leave them behind when I moved to England - Iā€™m originally from Poland. Donā€™t worry, they stayed in a good home with people who love them dearly. :slight_smile: I absolutely adore animals but I canā€™t adopt any at the moment so pets/house sitting seems like great solution.
I am at the stage of doing research about house sitting but I think as of next month I will start looking at some houses close to me so I can get familiar with the process, as I am an absolute beginner.
Cats hold special place in my heart, thereā€™s something in catā€™s independence and attitude that just disarm me right away. But I also love dogs! I like spending time with them, walking together and snuggling on the couch.
Canā€™t wait to start actual sitting and meeting all of those amazing pets I see on site! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi Magdalena! Best for your future travels and cat/dog sitting! <3

1 Like

Hi Magdalena welcome to our community forum thank you for joining us and you are amongst very good company, we are all pet lovers, it must have been difficult leaving your cats but also comforting to know they are happy and loved in their new home, thatā€™s what we do as sitters but not on a permanent basis of course.

There is a question on the forum ā€œAre you a cat person or a dog person and can you be bothā€ will be interesting to hear your answer although I think I know where it may fall.

Excellent that you are doing your research and as a member of TrustedHousesitters you will have access to all of the great informative articles on the website blog, many directed at those new to TrustedHousesitters and to pet sitting.

Also you mention looking for local sitting opportunities to get started, that is always our recommendation, when possible, as it allows the new sitter to experience the lifestyle and build up THS reviews, which owners do look for when selecting sitters, although to start with adding external references especially if they are pet related is really important, again there is lots of advice on the Blog.

Our community is helpful, friendly and supportive with so much knowledge to share so please ask your questions thereā€™s nothing that compares to practical experience and our members on both sides of TrustedHousesitters can help in so many ways.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with our members from around the world, we cannot wait to see where your new adventure takes you with TrustedHousesitters.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Hey Angela, thank you for advice! :slight_smile: I appreciate it.

1 Like