Hi from Maldon, Essex, England

Newbie here. I haven’t done a sitting yet. To be honest, I don’t know how to go about finding one. I’m free quit a bit to help out. I have a dog and a cat myself and love to visit places and explore, esp coastal areas.

3 Likes

Welcome Andrea :wave:
We also love coastal sits

1 Like

Hi @Andrea welcome to our community forum and you have come to the right place for help and support, we have member on the forum who are new, just as you are and many others with years of experience, feel free to ask any questions.

The advice for new sitters is to create a great informative profile, add references and complete the verifications you’ll find some great information on how to get started on the website blog Sitters | TrustedHousesitters.com

Also start with local short sits to get experience and test drive the lifestyle and our Membership Services Team are available with help and advice throughout your membership.

Enjoy connecting with other members and don’t be afraid to ask for help, that is what we do so well … share and support one another.

Angela & The Team

2 Likes

Hello Andrea,
Like Angela says, apply near your home. I began with a sit near my home and I have met the owner and her dog before the sit. I chose near my home because I wanted to see if I would like it. After, I had the chance to be choosen for a sit in England. It was their first request and they trusted me, we were new together. We have become good friends, we keep in touch. They visited me in France, they ask me for another sits but with covid they were canceled. Since, there were several sits.
So, don’t lose hope and apply, yoy’ll meet wonderful pets, owners and places you never thought to go

2 Likes

Thank you to you both! I know I’ll get a ‘sit’ when it’s the right one for me, I’ll keep looking and waiting.

1 Like