Hello from Beaverton, OR, USA

My name is Kareen.
I am new to THS and have just completed my first pet sit. I have spent the past 3 weeks in England taking care of the most adorable dog.
I regularly take care of my friends and family’s pets and I have owned many pets over the years, including dogs, cats, a Pygmy goat, and have boarded horses.
I am excited to include pet sitting in my travels.

6 Likes

Hello @Kareen and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations on completing your first house sit, it sounds like you had a fabulous time. Which part of England were you housesitting in?

For reference, as a member, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome @Kareen that sounds like a great first sit .
How many sits did you apply for before getting accepted ?
It’s great that your first sit was an international one .
U.K. has lots of great sits available and is a great place for sitters to start out .
Are you planning more sits in the U.K. ? Your experience with horses could be very useful if you want to do those kind of rural sits .

I apologize for not responding sooner. I just found your message in my spam folder.
I did have a wonderful time in England. Four days on my own in London, then 3 weeks in Lambourn (an hour outside of London.). I feel fortunate that my first pet sit was so amazing.

I apologize for not responding sooner. I just found your message in my spam folder.
I chose to do an international pet sit and I feel fortunate that for my first sit it was a wonderful experience. The only other sit I applied for was accepted but was cancelled due to a health issue. So the sit in England can be considered my first sit.
I hope to do more pet sits internationally. I would definitely go back to the UK. My host from the UK and I have become friends. In fact, I will be driving up to Seattle to see her when she comes to visit her new grandchild.

4 Likes