Introducing ourselves to the Forum

We, Marja and Willem, love the petsitting.
We are from the Netherlands, early retired and in our sixties. We have done petsits in our country and also in Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, France and the UK.
We prefer travelling with our own car, so do not travel much more than about 1000 km away from home. In petsitting we met so many friendly people, several we can call friends. We were allowed to care for many lovely animals such as cats, dogs, chickens, goats, sheep and even llamas and an alpaca.
Having no pets ourselves, we always says we have animals in our hearts as most of our sweeties will always stay in our memory. We like to live more like a local than a tourist in the places we visit, and of course love to explore the surroundings of ā€œourā€ house, when possible we take the dog(s) with us on excursions.
This year 2022 we were so enthusiastic being able to travel again we were hardly at home. This moment we are in Belgium, doing our last petsit for this year, it is our 10th sit! It is the second time we are here, with an adorable cat (and 5 easy chickens), and we are having again a great time.
I would like to contribute in this Forum to help improve THS as a great community connecting people in a positive way, trying to make the world a better place where trust, friendship and love are possible.

11 Likes

Sounds lovely. Welcome to the forum @marja

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @marja & Willem.

We (my 2 sons and I) are also on a petsit at the moment in a beautiful village in Buckinghamshire, UK with a lovely labrador. This is our 12th sit since we started in 2019, all in the UK so far.

4 Likes

Hello Debbie, thank you for your message. I see you have great helpers with you to keep the animals happy!!
SO nice to read you are having a good time while petsitting too. You live in Cheltenham, well, the Cotswolds is a region we also want to explore. We did last summer, from 22/8 till 1/10, 4 petsits in the UK, not even that far from your place. We did petsits in Henley-in-Arden, North Tawton (Devon), Winchester and Ticehurst (East Sussex), and had great experiences with the animals and met many friendly people.
We started petsitting february 2015 and uptill now completed more than 60 sits (am loosing count :-). Still going strong LOL.
Happy sitting,
Marja

2 Likes

Hi @marja and welcome to the forum! It is great to hear so many wonderful, positive notes from our sitters as well as pet parents/owners. This community is awesome for meeting new friends, caring for special furbabies and visiting the World that otherwise, might not be possible!

Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries.

My name is Debbie and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a sitter member of TrustedHousesitters. I was an owner member for three years and have now moved over to a sitter membership, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. If you are confused on what to say, we have some great suggestions:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • As a sitter, please share with us where you prefer to sit (dream location, bucket list, etc.)
  • If presently on a sit, tell us about the location and the pets you are caring for.
  • Share pics of you, your own pets, or pets you have cared for or are caring for.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please donā€™t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Debbie ā€“ Forum Team Moderator

eHH

2 Likes

Hello Debbie, i am.currently updating my profile and am having problems with deleting old references and uploading new ones via the links. I cannot send reference requests via any of the fb messenger sercice or other links. I am not sure what to do next and also not sure if my profile is ok or how to upload it here. If anyone can help me that eould be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Deborah

Hi @Deborah and sorry to hear you are struggling with sending reference requests. Debbie is not online at the moment but this is something that membership services would need to help you with anyway. The email for membership services is: support@trustedhousesitters.com - If you send them an email outlining the issues you are having they will be able to help you with this. All the best, Vanessa and the forum team

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Hello,my name is Sylvie and username Peckie.My english is not good but I want to say you how I enjoy to join this community. I love all animals ,I ever had a farm.Iā€™m retreat of laboratory medical technologist.My husband is 67 years old and he would to join me somes times when I will have a sitting.With pleasure.

5 Likes

@Peckie Hello Sylvie, I would like to wish you a warm welcome to the community forum. If you love animals then you have come to the right place and I am glad that you are enjoying the community. If you have any questions then you can use the spyglass to search for previous topics. Where are you based? If you need help joining the website and getting started then please just let me know and I will help you.
Best wishes
Carla

1 Like

Thank you and I living Quebec,Canada

@Peckie I would love to visit there! Are you looking to housesit there or would you like to travel?

Iā€™m interested to travelling but not all country.I will see with the owners.

Welcome, @Peckie/Sylvie!

Thank you for introducing yourself! Your English is much better than my ā€¦ anything! I am an entitled American and know only English ā€¦ LOL (laughing out loud). I do know that the more we practice a foreign language, the better we get with it! If you ever want someone to proofread your English, just PM/Message me and Iā€™m happy to. Iā€™m sure other members would, too.

Youā€™re in Quebec, so you speak French? Google says ~300 million people speak French, so Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find some TH members who do!

Hello @Peckie and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
If you are a member of TrustedHousesitters you can add your THS profile on to your Forum profile by following the instructions below should you wish to and then our forum members can help give friendly feedback for your profile. :blush: