Welcome guide request button

Greetings. I’m headed to a house it soon and they have not completed their welcome guide. Shouldn’t we have additional opportunities to request the welcome guide via the request button?? Please advise.

2 Likes

The HO might not be aware of the process. While they may have updated the Welcome Guide and you have made the request, the HO needs to click the green “Share Welcome Guide” button … which sits at the bottom of the page (can be easily missed).

Perhaps a follow up message is needed.

2 Likes

Hi @Lizindesun … if your owners haven’t shared any information with you, the best thing to do is to send a message asking if they’ve completed the guide, or if they have a guide for when you arrive. Some home owners have a printed guide, especially if they are long term members, as the welcome guide is relatively new. We usually ask about this during our pre-sit chat or messaging, because as @PetSitterBug mentions, sometimes newer members aren’t aware of the process. A quick message should clear this up for you though. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As @Vanessa_A says, some HO don’t know they have to actually share it with their sitters each time.
I happened to ask for a welcome guide for one of my future sits earlier on today and the HO thought that it was automatically visible on her profile.

4 Likes

There is actually a known problem with the website regarding sharing the Welcome Guide…… the share button never appeared for me when I wanted to share it with my confirmed sitter, it just kept telling me that I needed to confirm a sitter, even though the sitter was shown as confirmed! Luckily between Angela on here and member services we managed to get it shared to them……

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Do you prefer the Welcome Guide or Word doc?

Can someone help me?? I don’t even have a button/request option, and I have TWO homeowners asking the same thing! Help?? I’ve alreadyrequested this once but no response?!?

If you haven’t heard from your homeowner with the guide, send them a follow on message requesting it, after all it’s so you can take best care of their home and pets, so really is in their interest. I always apologise that I’ve heard it’s a pain to fill out, not that I have any personal experience, but they only have to do it once.
If they’ve filled it out and can’t share it with you there does seem to be a bit of a problem occasionally. The sit we are currently on struggled. There is another forum thread that had suggestions from members, and @Angela_L too I think from which I cut and pasted various things to them. I had the guide within a few minutes, so something worked.
Have a look for that thread if you can

Where EXACTLY do i click to create Welcome Guide?
I have looked at dashboard, but I don’t see a link.
Help, please
Betz

Hello @Betz If you go to your dashboard and view your listing you should see the welcome guide below your listing and here you can click ‘edit’ and update your welcome guide.
You can share your welcome guide when you confirm a sitter and they will be able to view it via their dashboard.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 16.11.57

If you need any more help please feel free to DM me or any of the moderator team and you can also email support@trustedhousesitters.com

I’m finding it harder and harder to get owners to complete a welcome guide. I always request it as soon as the sit’s confirmed but out of 8 sits booked only 2 have bothered to publish the guide for me. I rely on the guide during the sit and like to read in advance so I can prepare and ask questions. One imminent sit, booked 7 months ago, still hasn’t done one despite reminders and I don’t even have their address yet.

1 Like

Hi @Wildcolonialgirl thank you for your feedback which I have passed it on to the Product Team.

It is so important for sitters, pet parents/owners and most of all the pets to have the Welcome Guide completed and shared … Only the humans involved in the arrangement can do this.

Pet parents/owners remember amongst many other aspects of the sit, the Welcome Guide is your pet’s voice, after all they cannot tell your sitter what time they like their dinner, well not in words anyway :dog: :wink:

4 Likes

Hi,
I had a sit confirmed a couple of weeks ago now but have not had a ‘Welcome Guide’. The owners are new to the site and seemed to think they could just send details nearer the time. Sit is in about six weeks. As they were new, I mentioned that the ‘Welcome Guide’ is usually sent out just after the ‘Sit’ is confirmed. Mentioned they would make an attempt but finding it tricky. Haven’t liked to chase them up over it, as didn’t want to come across as pushy in anyway.
I think it would be helpful, if once a sit is confirmed, if TH sent an automatic email to owners, to complete and send off a ‘Welcome Guide’, with a reminder sent every few days if not done. Also contact details if they are having problems or need help, especially if new and first time on the site.

It is difficult to keep asking isn’t it, without appearing to be a nag. Some say they have printed info at the house but I prefee an electronic copy I can read in advance, especially where the face to face handover may only be an hour or two.

I always say " I’m really sorry, I gather it’s an absolute pain to fill out, but you’ve only got to do it once" and then turn it on them, “in order for us to care for your pets and home to the best of our ability it’s really useful to see the guide in advance so we can clarify anything that’s unclear or may have been missed”

3 Likes

It is also useful to actually know in advance where the home is, which should be in a ‘Welcome Guide’. I like to check exact location on google maps or something. to see where I am actually going. If you have not been given an adress and only know it is near a certain village, it is not a lot of help. Would be good if TH sent out automatic Welcome Guide reminders to home owners weekly, until it is provided for the sitter. Would come sacross better this way than for a house sitter to continually have to pester. I am holding back for the time being; just hoping they will get around to it before too long.

2 Likes