What are you watching?

I started to watch The Walk-In. Actor Stephen Graham is excellent in it. I start to think he is excellent in everything he does.

2 Likes

One of our pet parents recommended this when they discovered we were heading for the OuterBanks last Autumn. It was a wonderful film. Must look for it on Netflix. Thank you for the recommendation.

3 Likes

@cat.tails this looks good… I have to agree though, Stephen Graham is always good, I particularly enjoyed watching his character in the film Sn*tch - (sorry, it wouldn’t let me write the actual word on here but I’m sure you know which film I mean!).:slightly_smiling_face:

@Samox24
I agree he was good in that movie. I’ve also seen him in Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders, Time, and White House Farm

1 Like

@cat.tails yes I had forgotten he was in all of them but he is brilliant in each and every one.
I am a huge fan of Peaky Blinders, so much so that I went to visit where it was filmed! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Samox24
me too, I am a fan of Peaky Blinders. Excellent cast and so well written. All the locations were fabulous too - it must be great to go see where they filmed it. Was a lot of it filmed around Birmingham? or did they have to go further afield?

2 Likes

@cat.tails there were various filming locations, my photo was taken at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley but it was also filmed in various UK locations including Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and various parts of Yorkshire. Tommy Shelby’s sprawling manor home is actually Arley Hall & Gardens in Northwich, Cheshire.

1 Like

Peter Pan (2003) with Jason Isaacs

Where parents don’t tell you what to do.
Where people believe in fairies and happy thoughts give you the power to fly.
And the best part, where those who are lost, bitter, resentful and angry, learn to love again.
https://m.imdb.com/video/vi2077470745/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

3 Likes

Peter Pan is one of my favourites stories and characters.

Jason Isaacs looks good as Captain Hook - and what great hair! He also had great hair as Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And in The Patriot.

Good bad guy :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Recently watched The Patient, with a very serious Steve Carell and Domnhall Gleeson. It’s serious and gloomy down to a T. On Disney+. Really enjoyed it although it lacked all manner of comic relief, not even for a second!

Then started watching Big Sky, but it was just too intense, couldn’t get through more than 2 episodes.

1 Like

I’m watching a BBC series about Big Cats - such beautiful animals. And the series looks like it will try to include footage of 40 species of big cats, some of which are very small and some of which I had never heard of.

I enjoyed the final episode of Happy Valley last Sunday - but no spoilers from me!

@cat.tails my friend owns a small wild cat farm. She is hand rearing this beauty who lost a leg when he was only a few days old. He is now a moody 4 year old serval.

7 Likes

@botvot
OMG what a beautiful cat! I am not very familiar with servals but I have seen them in TV documentaries. I think they are found in Africa?

One of my dreams is to become a volunteer at the Cheetah Conservation Fund in Namibia - not sure if I can ever do it, but hopefully one day…

4 Likes

This!

4 Likes

The Big Cats series on BBC was excellent. Many cats that are rarely seen, rarely filmed. They cover 40 different types of cats, many of which are vulnerable, threatened, and near extinct. The latest camera technology is so helpful! I really enjoyed this series and will watch it again soon!

For those of you who are in the UK, you can watch it on bbc iplayer.

1 Like

I watched this seres - although it is based on the aftermath of a historical 1983 robbery, the suspense factor was still quite strong

1 Like

We are big fans of streaming on any platform available, and definitely got our moneys worth from having a VPN while sitting overseas. I stumbled upon an interesting series while in London, and after watching it, realized we’d just visited the Inverary Castle, while we were in Scotland. Thankfully, I’d taken the time to thoroughly go through each room and read all the informational cards for each display. I found it extremely interesting that the current family living in the castle, are descendants of the gentleman featured in the British Scandal series.

3 Likes

@Joanne
nice pics! I enjoyed that TV series. I thought Claire Foy was excellent in it. I might have to watch it again as I find that I do not remember very much about it now (apart from the central scandal of course). The great thing about having (what I call) a short term memory is that I can rewatch TV series, having forgotten what the main events of them are/were :rofl:

Btw there is another BBC series sarring High Grant and Ben Whishaw which is titled A Very English Scandal - that one is good too.

If you ever get to Scotland @cat.tails I highly recommend the day tour we took to the Scottish Highlands. It also included Doune Castle, where some outdoor shots of Outlander were filmed. Fascinating day for us!

3 Likes