What are your 2021 travel plans looking like?

You are so right to focus on the UK for while, we are doing exactly the same. Looking for English sits and organising a few backpacking travels of our own. Not many countries rival England for travel and so many places to explore.
The biggest worry for us would be another lockdown with sits cancelled as we have no home or anywhere to go. Could be a tough winter!

4 Likes

That’s why I would never completely sell up, always good to know I’ve got a base even if I had to wait for tenants to move out, plus I had rental income. However, not everyone can do that and some have to sell. I was sorry we didn’t meet up in Shrewsbury when you were there, but saw you were only there for a day.

2 Likes

It’s a shame we couldn’t connect in Shrewsbury but as you said we only had a day to explore. Currently down near Ludlow so loving the history and countryside down here. We actually wanted a complete break from responsibilities when we started travelling over 5 years ago so no house, no jobs, no car was the way to go for us. Added pressure at times like this I guess but it’s all part of the adventure.

3 Likes

Good for you! I can understand and sometimes wish I didn’t have the house and all its contents! I have always been a bit of a nomad at heart. Ludlow is gorgeous. There was a sit advertised there, not sure if it still is, applications were building up so I didn’t apply! Having read some other responses I may just apply for such suits, nothing ventured!

4 Likes

If not toooo late Ludlow is wonderful. We spent 4 or 5 weeks there and didn’t want to leave. If it includes a car it is pretty easy to drive to Aberystwyth, Wales. Another fabulous place to visit. Anyway a bit off point, just wanted to share we would go back to Ludlow - :grinning:

4 Likes

COVID really put a damper on our travel plans. We canceled sitters for a week trip to France and a two week trip to India. we have also avoided inviting people into our home for quick trips as we use to.

not sure if as ski season comes around again how we will feel with guests in our home. I have a feeling that we will hold off until a vaccination is available and proven.

I care for COVID + patients on a daily basis, and I’m sure exposed to asymptomatic carrying folks more.

2 Likes

Ludlow was wonderful but it wasn’t a sit just part of our current road trip.

2 Likes

What’s confusing me is:why are people allowed to travel interstate/county in the UK/US at the moment? The number of :microbe: cases up there would encourage me to restrict travel! 49 active cases in NSW is plenty!

I’m in Oz & whilst it was frustrating to see, I have to agree with our state border closures when they were needed.

I hope you all keep safe & well :+1:.

Take care please

C

2 Likes

We’re in lockdown in England currently (until 2 Dec) and aren’t supposed to travel far from home, encouraged to cycle or walk for exercise and not drive far in order to go for walks. People also encouraged to work from home unless not possible. Hopefully Biden will sort things out in the US

2 Likes

This is a tricky subject! We’re in lockdown again in the UK and unable to travel due to restrictions/quarantine either there or here.

We’ve had 3 holidays cancelled this year because of covid & no sign of it letting up until a vaccine is widely available.

So we aren’t making any plans because we don’t want to build up our hopes only to be disappointed again.

Also, I paid my annual subscription to Trusted House Sitters early in 2020 and haven’t been able to use it. They offered us 3 months ‘free’ on renewal, but I feel I just wasted all that money at a time when it’s so tight. :cry:

Hi Lynda,
THS could do more to encourage sitters to return as this year has been a washout but they have still enjoyed our fees…c’mon THS !

1 Like

Totally agree John! Instead of spending money on creating this forum, THS could have given us a free year.

My lovely housesitters were due to make a return visit from Canada so that I could take off for Japan then Wakatobi to scuba dive. Our plan was to meet in France for New Year as we did last year … but jet-setting plans all on the back burner and I’m still in London and they are still in Canada. But optimistic that this time next year we can plan it all again…

2 Likes

Hi @SarahandScout welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining we are so happy you have. Your planned trip sounds amazing, here’s hoping you and your sitters can make it happen in 2021 …we will look forward to sharing the story with you.

Thank you for joining the conversation we hope you enjoy making new connections.

We can’t wait to get to know you better.

Angela & #TeamTrusted

I don’t plan more than a month in advance. Regardless, Weather’s wonderful in Texas for the next 6 months so staying put unless invited to a private island to care for a cat.

1 Like

I am in Canada and waiting for it to be safe to travel, hopefully mid summer of 2021. Have lots of travelling to do…

2 Likes

We’re in Canada and don’t plan on booking anything until this is all over. I’ve been having lots of nice dreams though about going to exotic destinations so it’s obviously on my mind!

1 Like

We are also in Canada and waiting for approval, distribution and receiving of the vaccine. Hoping to do some traveling somewhere in 2021. Am gathering a list!

2 Likes

Which states are warm (above 20C) during the winter months?

Will receive my 2nd shot next week or so. Then we are allowed to leave. No more forced 3 days hotel quarantine upon returning home and can leave home quarantine after receiving the negative result of the test. Well, I booked my plane ticket today for Nashville in August. Yippidooo.

6 Likes