The last sit we made was decided last february. The owner was planning to go to her second home to France, we are living in France. So during a few months, we called each other, Boris Johnson changing rules in GB all the time (border closed, uk immigration restrictions, quarantine…)
We were facing the same problems on the 2 sides of the Channel, except the owner told me she would need me anyway as if she could not go to France, she would travel in England. But on our side, what was the use of going to England if we were stuck in the home without any possibility to go to pubs, shopping, visiting ? I told her it would be safer for her to find somebody else english, scottish or welsh ! We decided to go in july, when we were sure quarantine was cancelled.
Quarantine was put again for french people in august but we were not concerned, as we were already in England.
Problem was with our sitters, in february too, once the pet sitting dates known, i had chosen a couple living in France. For sure they could come to Provence once the restrictions between regions had been cancelled, but I feared not to be able to go to England but nevertheless be obliged to welcome our own sitters…
Then it would have meant we had to rent some place in France as I did not want to cancel my sitters. I could need them and I’m not the type of person who would cancel them the last minute. Hopefully we all managed, but I’m scared the same problem happens in the future