What’s Your Favourite Country?

Thank you Angela :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Gorgeous photos. I’ve never been to South Africa, but it is way up there on my list. Hopefully one day!

2 Likes

We loved South Africa, managed two months out there just before Covid struck. We started with a fortnight housesit in Johannesburg, a week in Victoria Falls, three weeks on a guided tour, and three weeks self drive, with my mum, along the Garden Route.
Would love to go back

3 Likes

Sounds like you saw a good part of it while you were there Jackie :slight_smile: We loved the Garden Route and still have so much more to see. x

1 Like

Thanks Lindsay - hope you get there and experience the incredible wildlife there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been having a mooch around your website… such interesting and varied travels! Love these pictures from Africa. They remind me of a trip we took into the Okavango Delta, Botswana, after a 3m house sit there a few years ago. Just sublime and I totally understand why you are drawn to SA. We’d hoped to travel to Namibia another time, after hearing feedback. For now we’ll be content with Europe so I’m deep into your roadtrips here :slight_smile: Thanks for a lovely share!

3 Likes

Thanks Vanessa — the Okavango Delta must be unreal — it’s on our list to visit when we continue our overlanding Africa. There is so much to explore in our world isn’t there? Europe has enough to keep you busy for while at least :wink: Happy travelling x

2 Likes

I also loved South Africa- Capetown and area, the garden route, Joburg. What an incredible country . Came back right before COVID en Feb 2020.

6 Likes

Wonderful photo @Brigitte thank you for sharing … all creatures great and small :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So someone else who got back home “just in time”!
Fabulous country, lovely people, just a shame there are so many problems …

5 Likes

Agree with you on this , luckily up to now the people for who i have sat seem to be on the same thought/political line as myself. I always find as you say even during a talk or looking at home pictures can sometimes pick-up on vibes or other more helpful clues. Would not be happy going to a pro-Brexit or the comparative on the US side sit. Just to keep it personal my brother is very PRO-Brexit which I am not and I live in the Netherlands and am even (now) Dutch. But still think Brexit was not good. I know a number of people with small businesses in the UK & they are really struggling now with all the new import/export taxes etc.

3 Likes

Ireland is my favorite place but I actually don’t know why many sits are actually there. However I would really like to have a long term house sit in France.

2 Likes

I couldn’t possibly answer as every country I’ve travelled in (and there have been quite a few) has a place in my heart for various reasons. That said, despite having done lots of travelling I could never leave my own country, England, which has so many beautiful places

3 Likes

Keep us in mind for the future, we are usually looking for a sitter for 2 weeks in July or August, in lovely green Irish countryside!

1 Like

Wherever I am! I enjoy everywhere I go and though I am a citizen of a country, I accept that I am a free spirit and can’t imagine myself planted anywhere. I have to dance with the wind, kissing the Earth and leaping through the clouds.

2 Likes

Ahh yes I love Cuba too and yes I completely agree if you are planning to go there you should try and go soon :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I absolutely love the cars there! :heart:

3 Likes

We’ve been to India twice and absolutely loved it. It’s definitely culture shock though which was a big part of the attraction for us. Beautiful country and gracious people and of course loved the food. Our favorite place was Kerala where we spent a night on a houseboat - it was an amazing experience. Definitely want to go back.

3 Likes

Australia
New Zealand
Can’t wait to go back.

6 Likes

Whats your favourite country? Well that is a really difficult question for anybody to answer and depends on many things! One of my favourite countries is Portugal especially where its off the beaten track! I did a trip out to The Azores the year before last looking after dogs, cats and goats on a couple of properties and after that did Workaway and rented a scooter and went right around the island of San Miguel with a friend over from Australia. For anybody who likes ‘island hopping’ you will not be disappointed in The Azores!

5 Likes

I love Africa! This picture is from the Masai Mara in Kenya, but Namibia, Uganda, South Africa or Sambia are equally beautiful countries.

7 Likes