What’s Your Favourite Country?

Keep us in mind for the future, we are usually looking for a sitter for 2 weeks in July or August, in lovely green Irish countryside!

1 Like

Wherever I am! I enjoy everywhere I go and though I am a citizen of a country, I accept that I am a free spirit and can’t imagine myself planted anywhere. I have to dance with the wind, kissing the Earth and leaping through the clouds.

2 Likes

Ahh yes I love Cuba too and yes I completely agree if you are planning to go there you should try and go soon :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I absolutely love the cars there! :heart:

3 Likes

We’ve been to India twice and absolutely loved it. It’s definitely culture shock though which was a big part of the attraction for us. Beautiful country and gracious people and of course loved the food. Our favorite place was Kerala where we spent a night on a houseboat - it was an amazing experience. Definitely want to go back.

3 Likes

Australia
New Zealand
Can’t wait to go back.

4 Likes

Whats your favourite country? Well that is a really difficult question for anybody to answer and depends on many things! One of my favourite countries is Portugal especially where its off the beaten track! I did a trip out to The Azores the year before last looking after dogs, cats and goats on a couple of properties and after that did Workaway and rented a scooter and went right around the island of San Miguel with a friend over from Australia. For anybody who likes ‘island hopping’ you will not be disappointed in The Azores!

4 Likes

I love Africa! This picture is from the Masai Mara in Kenya, but Namibia, Uganda, South Africa or Sambia are equally beautiful countries.

5 Likes

Just seeing this and wanted to add if you were to go the Irish route, it’s not that difficult. You can apply for a de facto stamp 4 which would to give your partner a 3 year stamp which he can work with and after that he can apply for citizenship. Much easier than the UK. I’m Canadian and married to an Irishman living in Ireland so feel free to ask questions!

@travellingnomad wish i was married to an Irish woman! You are a lucky man…Irish women (well those I have met and I have some great friends from that) are adventurous, have a great sense of humour and fun, will tell you when they think you are wrong, enjoy the craic and add to any gathering, dont mind getting their hands dirty, are practical minded and will show you how you can make your own soda bread! Ireland we love you!

well I’m a woman but thanks. Although neither of us like soda bread so can’t show anyone how to make it.

2 Likes

@travellingnomad hmm thats a BIG error on my part…always read things properly! I have’nt been out with any IrishMEN, but I am sure that what I just sent applies to them also! Canada we love you …especially the scallops wrapped in bacon and drizzled with maple syrup from a street food caravan on the West coast of Vancouver Island!

@travellingnomad my sincere apologies…still red faced!

haha no worries! While I love Ireland, I’d take Vancouver island over the Emerald one these days.

1 Like

@travellingnomad yes its a beautiful island and ALOT larger that I imagined! I got across to the West coast and would have loved to do that Pacific Rim walk but not equipped for it…I had two weeks and car hire camping and backpackers…never even got to the top end of the island…Canada is HUGE! I loved every minute of that trip.

1 Like

I confess

2 Likes