What would you do?

You have a choice, give up …

1. Books - Digital and Print
    or
  2. All Social Media

Which would you choose?

100% Social media, no question. We highly recommend documentary The Social Dilemma, a very interesting look at the artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning programmed into social media and the psychological impacts.

We both love to read, although because of our nomadic lifestyle we choose to simplify travel and each carry only a 36L backpack at about 15 lbs (7 kilos). So, physical books aren’t a practical option and instead we listen to all of our books in audio format on our phone. :books:

1 Like

I could never give up books, I’ll die with a book in my hands. I’ve got boxes of unread books but keep buying more! Fortunately they’re second hand!

2 Likes

All social media. Books are far too important.

2 Likes

I’m dying to meet the person who would say they would not or could not give up social media. I think that would be an interesting conversation.

3 Likes

Well @Abeona I’d certainly find it difficult to give up social media now however I could never, ever give up books so that would have to be my final decision! In fact it would be great if I could give it up, plenty of my friends and people my age or older have nothing to do with it (and probably get through more books as a result! :joy:)

3 Likes

Well. Here I come. I would’not give up my social media. Talking here of FB groups I belong to, one in particular and Messenger to communicate with people.
I am a FB community manager of a group related to travelling. Many strategies are shared through this platform and the community used to meet for real before the pandemic. I would give up my books as I do not read too much anymore. But I write for a magazine. I would then write for their numeric version. :wink:

1 Like