When Is It Too Hot For Dog Paws? - The 7 Sec Test!

The high heat of summer can become extremely hazardous for your dogs paws and with the current high temperatures in the UK this article is a recommended read

Also remember there is a simple test in which you can do to check whether the pavement is too hot for your pet’s paws by doing the “seven-second test”. Simply touch the pavement with the back of your hand for seven seconds. If you can’t hold out for the full seven seconds because the surface is too hot, then it’s also too hot for your dog’s paws. :paw_prints:

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is so often forgotten when walking pets in cities.

Where I was brought up, it was never very relevant, as my dogs were mainly walked, from car to forest and mountain areas, and I really only became very aware of it, once I got to Europe and other big cities, seeing many a dog walking the hot pavements, with little awareness and attention to this.

I remember seeing in Dubai, a few dogs with little paw gloves on, which made me very happy and smile too.

2 Likes