Where In The World Are You?

I’m at home in New Westminster, British Columbia. We moved here in March and love it! The highlight this week was this rainbow I captured yesterday after a miserably rainy day. We get a lot of rain here but very little snow so can’t complain!

This is the view from my balcony.

6 Likes

Where was I? My feet took me close to some bonnie banks.

Where did your travels take you to this week?

Arrived in waterford today.
Beautiful home.
Really welcoming to us both.
Even the pets came out to meet us.
So far its prefect.
Tree is up
Stove is glowing and a large tub of sweets(not sharing).
Netflix
Loads of books
Little glass of baileys with ice.
Bliss.

4 Likes

-We are currently living in Vientaine, Laos. Came here to renew our Thai Visa in March and then go back to Chiang Mai for a few more months. Then the borders closed all around us.
-We were looking forward to the Christmas Eve buffet at a local hotel. By the way it was fabulous!
-It’s winter here with highs of low 80’s during the day and mid 60’s in the evening.
-The Paxutay Monument that can be seen from our balcony.

5 Likes

Ok,the photo I posted was from Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains(no snow atm). If you’re bored,here are a few people/movies/songs about the area

Banjo Batterson
The Man From Snowy River
Kozsciusko-Midnight Oil

We’re now close to Mogo & this region was devastated by the past summer bushfires but is rejuvinating nicely. Lots of rain this year’s helped!

4 Likes

@TheMapleKiwi thank you, will check out these links and it’s so encouraging to hear the area is recovering from the tragic fires.

I was going to say enjoy but a “picture says a thousand words” :blush::dog:

3 Likes

That looks fabulous!
We love your doggie! We are still in the Algarve which sounds like hell, BUT we are now experiencing temperatures of minus 8 at night!
Really unpleasant for here.
But the upside is days very warm! Weird!
Hope to go back to the UK at end March, really missing our elderly parents.
Keep safe everybody.
David and Julie

3 Likes

We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to be house sitting in Carlsbad, California. The sunset on the beach last night was incredible!

5 Likes

I remember taking the train “The Pacific Surfliner” along the coast from LA to San Diego. Beautiful area. Enjoy !

3 Likes

Yes! The Surfliner and the Coaster run near the house (we’re just 3 blocks from the beach!). It’s an amazing area and our third sit here. We absolutely love the area, Bailey (a lab/chow mix) is adorable and the homeowners have become family :grinning:

3 Likes

@ScrewTheAverage one of my favourite locations too and the train from LA to SD is the only way to travel, will never ever do LAX - SAN again.

2 Likes

We definitely appreciate the warmer weather and a sunny beach, however 'tis the season for snow :snowflake:. We hope you enjoy the rare occurrence @Provence!

2 Likes

But it looks so pretty @Provence, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

This is just one of the beaches round Newcastle(home). I love watching pelicans sit and preen themselves on lamp posts by the sea :slightly_smiling_face:, surfers catching a wave or a dolphin spelunking in the harbour.

4 Likes

Walking today through Montréal Botanical garden.

5 Likes

In Spain with these two cheeky beagles :paw_prints: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Hello everyone…
Starting tomorrow until Feb 8th we have, in Quebec, Canada a curfew from 20:00-5:00. This is new to us. Dog’s owners are allowed to walk their furry friend though during that curfew, within 1km from home.
Virus is not slowing down. We can’t visit anyone but at least it’s fine to take a walk with another person outside of our family. We also must work from home as much possible.
Is Corona getting weaker in other parts of the world ? I know Oceania did a very good job I believe ,so did the east part of Canada, after closing their boundaries to the rest of the country.
Picture: Automne in Eastern township, Québec.

Witch countries are doing good ?.

1 Like

It all depends on the day here in Australia & it’s like a soap opera :roll_eyes:.

Should you feel like following the daily ABC blog Coronavirus Australia news: Streets deserted in Brisbane as city continues COVID-19 lockdown, records no new cases - ABC News

www.watoday.com.au
www.smh.com.au
www.brisbanetimes.com.au

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wondering : where in the world, is the situation getting better ?

1 Like

Looking forward … some inspirational travel reading