Wanting to travel again

Hi everyone! I’m Liz from Ontario, Canada and my husband and I have been sitters since 2018. We like to head to the west coast (North America) in the winter so we can visit two of our sons who live in BC. Covid messed up our plans and we’re waiting for the “all clear” so we can travel again.

4 Likes

Hi Liz, welcome to our community Forum and thank you for joining us from Ontario here’s hoping you will be able to travel again soon. What is the situation like in ON at the moment any signs of travel opening up again soon?

Enjoy being here, the conversations and connecting with members from across Canada and around the world.

Angela & The Team

1 Like

Hi Angela, at the moment, ON has a stay-at-home order in place until May 6 at which point it may be extended. Fortunately I’ve had my first vaccination and more clinics are offering the shot every week, so hopefully soon the rate of infection will start to decrease. I’ve got my second shot scheduled for Aug so am not planning to go anywhere until I’ve had it. We’re hoping that flights will resume and communities open up before Christmas.
Liz

1 Like

Thank you Liz, great information it’s difficult to know what the local situation is in other countries as we only get the top line National info.

Thank you again.

Hi Liz, welcome to the forum. We too are missing travel, so if we can’t head overseas this fall, we are hoping to spend a month in the Maritimes this fall. Let’s hope our flights pass by one another as we cross the country in opposite directions!

What part of BC are you hoping to head for?

2 Likes

Hi Angela, my pleasure, and thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

Hi Kelownagurl, our sons live in Coquitlam, so we’ve done several sits in that area, but my husband grew up in Kelowna so we were glad to have a sit in Penticton. We took some day trips around the Okanagan and did some hiking. Basically, we love BC, so almost anywhere is somewhere we’d consider! We lived in Wms Lake many years ago and the Cariboo-Chilcotin might be the furthest N we’d want to go in the winter though. We try to spend the whole winter away from where the snow is deep and the temperature freezing. Maybe at some point we can help take care of your home and pets!

2 Likes

Hi @Elijeh, welcome. I’m also in Ontario so I feel your pain. I would also very much like to get out west soon, I can’t wait to get back to exploring this big, beautiful country of ours!

2 Likes

Thanks Liz, we are sitters as well so haven’t had the need for sitters and because we travel so much, we don’t have pets of our own right now. But if that ever changes, we will keep you in mind! BC is indeed a beautiful place to live. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL, ok! We don’t have pets right now either and have thought about getting sitters to take care of the house while we’re away but so far family members and friends have been able to do that for us.

2 Likes

Yes us too. I have 3 adult kids in Kelowna, as well as a friend who often looks after the house for us when we’re away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Lindsay, it’s been a rough year and a half for sure. We live in a remote area so have really been feeling the solitude! We’re grateful for people who are working to bring life back to “normal”. Where are some of your favourite exploration places?

2 Likes

Same here, I’m in rural Prince Edward County so lucky enough to have lots of outdoor space but feeling quite isolated from friends & family as we don’t have any family in the area. I love Eastern Ontario, but was pretty smitten by both Alberta and BC so would love to get back out there. I especially liked the Okanagan and have an uncle living in Kelowna so would like to visit again. I’d also like to get back to PEI, and a trip up to the Yukon is on my bucket list.

And… everywhere I’ve never been :wink: There’s so much to see, when we’re able to get back to it!

2 Likes

Hi Liz, I live in B.C. and hope to be looking for a sitter this fall, fingers crossed things improve soon!

3 Likes