Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

On a 2 week sit in Boulder, Colorado with Ziva, a 3 yo GSD mix who is very well behaved and friendly. After today’s visit to the dog park we stopped at the nearby Baby Goat cafe and as I was securing Ziva to an outside table so I could go in to order, the barista came out to tell me that dogs are welcome inside. Ziva was well behaved and appreciated her pup cup of whipped cream!

16 Likes

Hi Smiley
Have been wondering about you and how everything went for you in Napier. We’re back in Sweden now but were in Whangarei when the cyclone hit. Hope you didn’t get caught up in the mayhem or get swept away in the floods!
Happy housesitting - where are you now!
Cheers Pam

1 Like

@toml Ziva is absolutely adorable! :dog::heart:

Be still my heart :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi @KiwiSwede , I hope you are well and settled back in Sweden.

You replied to me but tagged @Smiley so I am unsure which of us you were asking?

We were still in Napier when the cyclone hit. It was quite an adventure but thankfully we were fine and the home we were sitting did not suffer any serious damage.

We are in Sydney now on the 5th of 6 Australian sits we have booked.( and loving it!)

Just after we left New Zealand I posted here about the days when we got caught up in the cyclone X

2 Likes

We are currently on a sit in Southern Spain with these two cuties! :dog::cat::heart:

9 Likes

Totally in love with these two… they live in Stockholm

10 Likes

They are gorgeous :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Loving Costa Blanca, Spain and these two beautiful doggies. First EU sit in a nine month stint so we’ll see if I’m still posting at the end of 6 sits :blush:

12 Likes

Absolute cutie pies. How is the weather right now? We plan on possibly being in that area this time next year and are eagerly trying to learn when/where to travel in the Spring.

1 Like

@Debbie-Moderator, the weather is fabulous although we come from the Sunshine Coast in Australia so we are used to warm sunny days. Breeze can be cool when it gets up but absolutely no rain at all in Spain since 23/3! So maybe it’s all falling on the plains :rofl: but not the coast.
I would think it’s a perfect time - our HO did say it gets very very hot in summer! We’ve loved our sit and the two rescues are gorgeous.

5 Likes

In Oslo with a new teaching assistant

12 Likes

We’ve just started our second year of international house sitting after a fabulous year in 2022. We had house sits in the UK, Cyprus, Germany, Spain, USA (NY, AZ, OR, CA, HI) and New Zealand :star_struck:
This year we started with a 10 nt stop in an apartment in central Bangkok and are now in a pool villa in Phuket.
Next stop Ostuni, Italy then Southern France, Budapest and two sits in the SW of England.
We’ll be away till around November so just deciding where we want to go after the UK. We love being retired and following our travel dream. The pets are an added bonus.
Enjoy everyone :service_dog: :cat: :rabbit2: :baby_chick: :racehorse: :blowfish:

14 Likes

@TomandJacq It sounds like you are having wonderful adventures and certainly enjoying your retirement just like my hubby and I! :slightly_smiling_face::clap:t2:

4 Likes

@TomandJacq congratulations on your new “dream” lifestyle … what am amazing one it is too.

Traveling with purpose in a slow and authentic “mode” and the best part of all is having pet companionship and connecting with like minded people, I’m sure like many of us you’ve made some wonderful friends … two and four legged.

Where has you favorite sit taken you to? (difficult question I know as they are all special in their own way, but do try :wink:) and what’s been your biggest challenge so far? …

3 Likes

Wow. What an unusual treat!

Wrapped up our month long sit and said goodbye to these two cuties. It’s time for us to leave the west coast and head east again. Looking forward to some R&R in the Ozarks, before our next sitting adventure back on the east coast.

10 Likes

Was this a pic of them as you were leaving? If so, it really looks like they don’t want you to go!

2 Likes

Currently in Buckinghamshire, UK with these three beauties.

last week in Manchester with these two super cuddles brothers.

And their neighbor who stops by to visit regularly - and doesn’t give a hoot that she’s not welcome by them.

10 Likes

It’s not the day we were leaving @Debbie-L but they really loved when we all spent time out on the patio :wink:

This is when we said our goodbyes :pensive:…such sweet boys who look just like (and acted like) our Junior, who we raised many years ago.

7 Likes