World traveller with witchy ways!

Hi - although I am new to THS, I have been house sitting with my partner for about 4 years now. I always have lots of questions, even after all this time, which I will post in the right section. We have house sat all over the world. Our last caretaking assignment was on a horse safari farm in Kenya for 3 months. What a fabulous experience that was! We live in London and Essex - best of both countryside and city between us. We don’t have any pets ourselves as we are usually travelling too much. In the family we have 2 gorgeous boxers, so pets are never far away. We do still work part time, most of my work is now online thanks to Covid. Really missed travelling this year, but have had time to do other ‘homely’ things. :woman_mage:

5 Likes

Welcome to our community forum @TravellingWitch we can’t wait to hear your stories and get to know you better, Kenya sounds like a equine lovers dream. :horse:

So glad you’ve joined in the conversation. You’ll meet and connect with members from across TrustedHousesitters, owners and sitters, new and experienced, full time and others who pet and house sit when they need a pet fix and a new life experience.

We are all missing our three P’s … Pets, People & Places and looking forward to the future when our amazing lifestyle is back to being everything we know it can be.

Great to have you here.

Angela & The Team

1 Like

Welcome Witchy-One! Why so witchy @TravellingWitch?
We used to live in Kenya; where was your sit?

2 Likes

Hi @Saltrams - we sat near Timau (north of Nairobi and bottom of Mount Kenya). Absolutely loved the country and the people. Made many friends there who still keep in touch almost daily. It was actually a Caretaking position so we had tasks to do daily looking after guest on the safari farm. We consider ourselves extremely lucky :shamrock:

2 Likes

ps where did you live @Saltrams?

1 Like

We would R&R at Mt Kenya Safari Club near Nanyuki, not far from there. I remember the drive up from Nairobi; where did the railway line go up the middle of the road? Was that Kiganjo? I forget. Anyway, lucky you indeed, such fabulous scenery there and did you get to Meru Park, not too far (relatively speaking)?

3 Likes

Based in west Nairobi in Lavington. Did you see much of NBO?

3 Likes

I loved Nanyuki - our main supplies town. Got to Samburu and Llodaigas. Beautiful, beautiful country.

3 Likes