Almost last minute sit … Dartmoor UK

Hi Everyone. We are hoping with our son so virit our daughter in Brighton and cannot take Orla.
We had someone interested in the sit but a family illness means they cannot do it.
Is there a last minute system? I cant find it

Thanks for your help

Edited to remove dates as per the Community Guidelines - Owners posting details of a house sit - Community Rules

Hi there,
There is a last minute sit category that you can post your listing in, here in the forum, but it is only for sits that start within the next 7 days, so you’d have to wait until the 18th to post it there. You can boost your listing though.

I took a look at your listing for you, and it sounds really nice and friendly and you have great reviews, so that’s good! The only issue I can see for why people wouldn’t apply is that you don’t want the dog left alone for more than 2hrs, which is a bit demanding for an unpaid sitter. This may be fine for people who are willing to have the dog accompany them everywhere, but it may limit your pool of applicants. You might want to consider stating that you can offer a relief so sitters can take a day trip every now and then, like hiring a midday dog walker or something. I would also clear up clutter and retake images of your kitchen, dining & conservatory, as images of clutter, dishes in the sink etc won’t serve your listing well. Your outdoor images are very nice though. Just some thoughts, hope that helps :blush:

4 Likes

Very helpful

Very helpful thank you.