App Insufferable & Tech Support Specific Contact?

Hello :wave:

We have found the issue with the Android crash and a release will be coming soon. Will keep posted when to update to the new version.

Thank you for your patience and for reporting the issue.

Thanks, Ben

2 Likes

Hello Crookie, I have looked into downgrading from Android 13 to 12, but it seems only possible for Google Pixel phones, so not for Samsung A52s. I have reinstalled the app on my phone but still donā€™t receive any alerts. I hope they repair this bug quickly as I read they have been informed already a month ago. Thank you for your help.

I have an android not an iPhone

Within which time frame do you think it will be possible to repair this?

Hi @Lieve

So we have a fix and it is now in test. We then have to submit to the App stores.
So I would expect it to be resolved early next week at the latest.

Thanks, Ben

Thank you @Ben-ProductManager for your reply. I hope this will be the solution.

Iā€™m not sure where this topic properly belongs but since Iā€™m a sitter Iā€™ll put it here. Simply put, Iā€™ve stopped getting any notifications on my app (on an Android phone) and I have no idea why. I depend on notifications to let me know when I get new messages in my inbox as well as notifications of new sitting opportunities. Because of this glitch, Iā€™ve missed important messages in my inbox, which has created a difficult situation. Any help?

1 Like

Hi All,

The main issue of Android 12 and 13 slowdowns or crashing should now be resolved with the latest release.

This was related to Facebook SDK being incompatible with Android 12 and 13 we have now updated this and all members who are on Android 12 or 13 should be able to sign up and log in with Facebook.

Itā€™s worth noting though that there appear to be other problems with 12 and 13 support, so weā€™re continuing to investigate but we believe the main issue has now been resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Ben

2 Likes

Sorry @Ben-ProductManager for your information, I have never used Facebook to login. And I still canā€™t react to sits, as well that I still donā€™t receive any notifications.

@Ben-ProductManager Do I have to reinstall the app? Still donā€™t receive any alerts and past 2 lines, the app still crashes.

Hello, today I have reinstalled the app, but nothing has changed. So when can I expect this problem will be solved. No use of paying for a yearly membership when itā€™s already a month that I canā€™t use it.

1 Like

I have the same problem - no alerts for about a month using the app. :frowning:

@Lassie Hello Lassie, I might be able to help with this one. Did you receive alerts on the App previously or have you just started using the App? Do you have an iPhone or an Android? I know when I installed the App to my iPhone I then needed to turn on and allow notifications in my settings menu before I was able to receive any push notifications. Also you only get saved search push notifications on the App if you have saved the search to the App not to the website. If this does not solve the issue please let me know. Carla

Android. I received alerts before. Most of the searches were saved on the app because I know that saving on a desktop doesnā€™t work .

1 Like

@Lassie Thank you for letting me know this additional information. I will pass your details onto the tech team to look into thank you.

Hi All,

We have just released an update to the App and this includes the following bug fixes:

1.) Duplicate listings displayed in the app, which was causing the app to crash.

2.) We also fixed an Android crash which was caused when users tried to send pictures in the Inbox conversation thread.

Many Thanks,
Ben

Sorry but the solution for the Android crash is not working. Just tried it out, and it crashed again.

The alert function isnā€™t working neither.

Hi @Lieve will follow up with a direct message.

Thanks, Ben

I use the app and have disabled alerts. I am sick and tired of getting notifications for sits that I have seen already.

It is particularly taxing to find sits outside your current timezones.

All that has happened is that the owners have boosted their listing using the NEW tag, which for me is an oxymoron :joy:

2 Likes