Android app being buggy

Just an FYI for those that need to know; the Android app keeps crashing. It can’t handle replying to messages in my inbox and falls over every time.

If I cut and paste text from another application to use as a response, I can just about make it work, but all in all, it’s not looking healthy and seems to need attention.

4 Likes

I noticed another weird bug.
In the list of sits, the sit mentions 2 cats 2 dogs. When opening the sit it says 3 dogs, 18 cats?? (See pics) The latter seems to be correct.
Quite the difference :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Pips and sorry you have issues on your app. I’ve checked with the tech team and as it’s not an app wide general issue they need to know a bit more info to try and recreate the problem you’re having.

Can you tell me what device you are using and what version of Android and I will pass this information over to the team. Many thanks, Vanessa

1 Like

Hi @Els I can’t reproduce this as on both web and app I get 18 cats when I search Anywhere or Greece. If you refresh is it still the same? If it is can you provide device and Android or iOS version?

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_A I’m using Android 13 on a Google Pixel 4. All seems to be fine, unless I want to communicate with anyone. At that point, it falls over.

3 Likes

Thanks @Pips … I’ve passed this back and I’ll let you know when we hear back.

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_A It seems fine now. Must’ve been a bug. It was on Android 9, Samsung Galaxy A8

2 Likes

#same

Having an awfully hard time with the app

Android 13 on pixel 6a

1 Like

I have given up completely trying to use the app on my android 13 Google Pixel 4a. It crashes within a minute of opening it. Have deleted, redownloaded, restarted, tried everything but crashes every single time. TH techs have been unable to find a solution for me as much as they tried. It is soooo annoying when I get a notification of a sit and it takes me to the app page which subsequently crashes. I then have to log in to the desktop site and search for the sit. Very frustrating to say the least.

4 Likes

It works intermittently for me, which makes it deeply unreliable. It’s incredibly frustrating, but tbh, lots of the THS user experience is.

The company should employ @geoff.hom as a consultant - I reckon he could have everything streamlined and running like a well-oiled machine within a week! :+1:

1 Like

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra. The app has been very delayed and buggy for the past 2-3 weeks for me. I always run updates and my phone is very new.

1 Like

My app (Android v.13 on Pixel 6a) still hangs after scrolling through new sits. It gets to a point where it shows the same sit multiple times, then goes blank.

I ve also had problems sending messages on the app. After a few minutes of typing, there will start to be a long lag between using the keyboard and the characters on the screen changing to match my keystrokes. After another few minutes of typing, the app will crash

2 Likes

Lassie, that is exactly what has been happening to me for the past six months or more, I’ve given up using the app :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

As a troubleshooting step for anyone with this problem, clear the cache on your default browser and let us know if that helps or not.

Best,

GoldenLove

1 Like

Same thing, Lassie

3 Likes

Sorry, you should exit the THS app first then clear cache. Restart THS app. Is it better or same?

Thanks,

GoldenLove

1 Like

I cleared cache and storage on the app, and the duplicate listings followed by blank screen still happens.

1 Like

I have the exact same thing happen on my 6 month old phone. But as a new ‘feature’, when I log in through my laptop, I now see the same sit in the 3rd position every single time, for days on end. Nothing against Melbourne at Christmas, but it is far from new.

1 Like

@GoldenLove I have tried this but unfortunately I still have the same issue of duplicate listings over and over and over on my IPhone 13 Pro Max :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the sugg, I did this and restarted my phone. Still happening. Only difference this time is that normally it’s the 100th sit repeated.

This time it’s 3 sits 97-100, that all repeat as a group.

Damn I was very hopeful.

Such a shame when there is 5,400 sits but we only scoll through the first 100. Most of which are repaets at they have been boosted :triumph:

2 Likes