THS App issues

I am posting here because I am finding the chatbot and replies to my problems not helpful. Anyone else having issues with the App on the iPhone?

• I have “favorites” saved so I can get notifications of when the sit becomes available again. For the past few weeks I’ve noticed no notifications coming through
  • saved searches- now I get 2 notifications per saved location (and I have 10+ searches saved right now- so it’s bothersome)
  • clicking on some notifications, the app goes nowhere and I don’t even know what the notification was for, so the information is lost and I have to go looking in each saved category
  • app crashes. This has been for years but seems to flare up, and now it’s back to being a regular occurrence. I have the app open, clicking through sits and suddenly it stops and I have to close and reopen

Please THS. Just work on what you have done and don’t create new things we don’t want. Just make it work!

P.S, I’d love to filter out dogs…. You can’t choose “no animals” and other pets in the same search.

3 Likes

Exactly the same here for 2-3 days :
The " :bell: It’s a match" comes now with a " :bell: New sits matching".
=> So 2 :bell: for the same information.

When I open It’s a match => it leads me nowhere…

When I open “New sits matchings” => leads me to all the sits in the place I favorite… even with no actual dates…

I am also using Iphone.

Any advice @THSforumadmin ?

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @thsforumadmin display help.

@thsforumadmin display help .
?

1 Like

You can report these issues to Trusted House sitters by e-mail ( they don’t read all the comments on the forum )

Support@trustedhousesitters.com

2 Likes

Thanks @Silversitters : I’ll do and let people know.
It seems that not a lot of people are concernes though…

I can confirm the double notifications (and there is a different thread about this).

And there is this thing that clicking on a notifications does not lead anywhere. I interpret that as a notification of a listing that has review status. It is stupidity that THS is sending out such notifications, they are annoying their customers with missed opportunities and it only contributes to the moaning on this forum about the limit-of-five and to general dissatisfaction with the company. I had started a thread about this in October: Question: why send alerts for sits that are under review

But on my iPhone, the app is stable and does not crash.

Edited: the double notifications are still coming in.

1 Like

Thanks @pietkuip
Sorry : when I write “leads me nowhere” I mean : it leads me to the main welcome page of THS with 7 654 listings accepting applicants : No interest !

I was wrong. Double notifications are still coming in:

And yes, clicking does not work anymore at all. Cannot they get anything right?

1 Like

This is so annoying more so if a sit has multiple dates.

I only get saved search notifications now. I’ve stopped receiving notifications for Favourites since the malfunctioning update was released. I’d rather get them twice than not at all! (Android)

@pietkuip : so same as here…
Are you also on an I-phone device ?

NB : seems that we have favorite the same listing !! Beautiful Burgundy :wink: :wine_glass:

I did that sit last year. The owners are wine people, and very generous. Recommended!

Yes, I have an iPhone XR.

Thanks @pietkuip for the information about this sit !! Hope we can fit to their dates once ! Beaune is such a lovely town
And maybe only I-phone users are in trouble as few members react…
Let’s see how it turns…

No, it is the android app that has much greater problems, with notifications, with crashes, with freezing. Those problems have been reported since many years. It is my impression that android users have gotten used to this and that they stopped complaining.

I tried a poll (does not work either): Poll about push notifications in the app (android/iPhone)

Yes, I would love to return to Beaune. Maybe in the autumn.

1 Like

Android user - I get better notifications (for Favorites) now than before the update. Formerly, I had to close all apps before clicking on a notification, otherwise i was linked to the THS home page. Now I link directly to the listing when I click on the notification.

I just get one notification also.

1 Like

I reported the duplicate notifications issue to that very email and they sent me back an auto reply which did not address my concerns at all. Very frustrating.

1 Like

@Carla has written that the technical people are looking into this:

Might take some time. Some simple problems take months or years to fix on THS.

oh my god yes! It’s so annoying. I also have this issue where the app leaves a chat (in the middle of my application writing :‘() and suddenly freezes/lags and you can’t tap anywhere. Which also deletes the application text. So you’re forced to get out the app and refresh. As also someone else says, it crashes a lot. I’m just trying to be patient for THS to fix these issues :pray::smiling_face_with_tear:

@lassie. Big improvement for me too. Also Android

1 Like