Android app notifications not working again

@Ben-ProductManager
@moderators
A while ago I posted a screenshot that showed THS was not in my list of apps to turn on notifications on my Android phone. (I can’t find that post.) After a month or so, it was fixed and I started seeing notifications for a little while. (Thank you for that effort!)

In the last month or so I wondered why I wasn’t seeing ANY notifictions to my phone. So I decided to check and see that – once again – THS is not in my list of apps, and therefore I can’t turn on (again) notifications.

Can this be fixed ASAP @Ben-ProductManager? It is really, really frustrating to see that all the high popularity sits are alreay under review with 5 applicaitons by the time I visit the site. I check THS at least 4x per day, including once in the middle of the night. I can’t check more frequently than that. I REALLY need app notifications to work. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m having a similar problem. I do receive notifications for sits i have individually saved but i am not receiving any notifications of new sits that are in my saved searches. Any advice please tech team?

There are two types of Saved searches:

• Created in the app - those should generate push notifications in the phone within an hour
  • Created in the web interface (at most three for Basic sitters) - those should generate a daily email with new sits

Thanks for the reply @pietkuip i use the app.

Hello @Shella_in_the_Forum Thank you for following up with this one.

Just in case you missed it Ben won’t be replying directly on the forum as there is a new product category and process that was released last year. I will share the link here for reference.

We have followed up with the Product team and they are working with Andriod to resolve the issue that is affecting some users. It has taken a bit of time as it is not affecting all Andriod users and they have been working with Andriod to find out why this is. Thank you for your patience and they are working on it now. We will update you as soon as the Forum team knows more.

@Shella_in_the_Forum have you tried uninstalling the app and then installing the latest version?

Thanks @BunnyCat. I just uninstalled and reinstalled again (3×). This time it appears to have worked. Let’s see if I get notifications. I guess I will check daily to make sure the app is there and notifications are turned on since it seems to disappear on me.

1 Like

@Carla. Thanks for communicating about this. Is my understanding correct that tech issues should be reported to forum moderators and you will pass it on for us? Or is there another/better way for these things to be reported?

Thank you!

1 Like

@Jenny @Carla do you think a fix to this might be behind why I’ve not been having notifications today on my ipad as well as not on my android? I usually get many each day.

1 Like

Hello, @Shella_in_the_Forum You are most welcome, sorry for the late reply I have been out of the office for a few days.

The forum team are always happy to pass issues that are raised on the forum onto the relevant teams. We can’t always guarantee what the response time will be, so another channel is to reach out to the Membership Services team as they can log tech issues and can reply to you directly via email with further information. They can also keep your case pending so they update you when the fix has gone through.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

@DianeS Thank you for reaching out. The team were working on the Android notifications so it should not have changed anything on your iPad, if this continues to be an issue please reach out to Membership Services as they can help you troubleshoot what is happening.

1 Like

@Carla thank you - it’s fine now on my iPad, looking forward to a fix for Android :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am also having this same issue and a reinstall does not fix the lack of push notifications.

1 Like

Still not working for me either. I am receiving zero notifications on my phone. This is really not tenable.

1 Like

I was getting duplicate notifications and the suggested fix was to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Having done that , I am now not receiving any notifications at all :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@Silversitters I am just sharing this topic here as I posted an update for you there :slight_smile: Credit where credit's due - #26 by temba

@Shella_in_the_Forum I’m sorry to hear this has been an ongoing issue for you.

The team is still working on the Andriod issue where the notification option does not show up for some Android users in their device settings. They are working with Andriod on this and also working with a new notifications provider. Please do check in with Membership Services for any updates on your specific issue. Thank you

1 Like