Credit where credit's due

I just started to get alerts in the new format for my favourites on the app where it shows the new dates as well as the location.

It really helps with screening. If the dates don’t match, I can just swipe them away rather than have to click in to see if I might be interested.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello @Brightlight Thank you for your feedback! It’s lovely to hear you are happy with the new format :slight_smile:

As this is a new process and I have passed this great feedback on, the team wondered if you could confirm that when you click on the notifications it takes you to your favourites page?

Thank you for your help! :smiling_face:

Yes. It takes me directly to the listing described in the alert, which is great.

Unfortunately, many of the ones that come in overnight are already reviewing, but at least i now know the dates I missed out on, unlike before. Quite a few of those missed opportunities wouldn’t have been possible, so it eases the frustration somewhat.

3 Likes

Hello,

I appreciate this update on the notifications too as it is good to either act on or disregard a notification when it pops up if it includes the dates.

The only issue I’m having is I’m receiving 2 notifications for each update. If I have favourited a sit, a notification with the sit name comes up alongside another which displays the dates. The less informative notification doesn’t lead me anywhere when I open it. Do you know how I’d fix this?

The same happens for saved searches, I seem to receive 2 notifications. One doesn’t lead me anywhere and one leads me to the sit in question.

Thanks

1 Like

Im only getting the useful ones, so not sure. @Carla may be able to ask the production team for you.

1 Like

There seems to be a new product change. For the past three days I’ve started receiving a double notification for when one of my favorites has a new listing. The two notifications come out at the same time and one has an eye icon (googly eyes?) and a message to not miss applying. This notification links to the listing. The other one, without the eyes, doesn’t.

Is anyone else getting this? Is there a way to set my notifications for just one; the one that links to the listing?

2 Likes

The same is happening to me @UKSitter. I’m thinking it’s to do with the overhaul that is happening at present in relation to the inbox and messaging system. Offhand, I can’t remember which one doesn’t take me straight to the specific listing in my saved search; rather it goes to my dashboard which is a backward move!

This is happening to me, too, exactly as described. I would like to receive only one, the one that suggests that I don’t miss applying, as that’s the notification with the link. While I would rather have doubles than none, two of everything clutters up the Notification Center on my iphone.

2 Likes

Hello @UKSitter @AnnieNai @temba Thank you for the updates about the notifications, the team are looking into this now and once we know more we will get back to you.

@AnnieNai I popped your other post here so it is all together and once we know more we can post the answer on this thread.

@Brightlight Thank you for your reply :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks Carla

1 Like

@Carla this issue as reported last week is still happening to me
Two notifications simultaneously received .

When opened , one takes me to the home page, the other to a listing .
So for example 28 notifications received yesterday but only 14 took me to listings but I can’t distinguish which one will take me to a listings so I have to open up all 28 .

I would appreciate an update from the product team about when widespread fault will be fixed as it appears to be affecting so many ( All ? ) members .

Thank you.

4 Likes

@Silversitters from what I can see, my notifications are working fin. Samsung A70, Android.

Thankyou @Brightlight it’s reassuring to know that this isn’t affecting ALL users .

@AnnieNai @UKSitter @temba @Françoise-et-Youn @pietkuip @tlubkin
is this still happening to you ? If not , was there something you did to fix it ?

2 Likes

@Silversitters, ignore the notifications saying “It’s A Match” and click only on the ones saying “New sits matching your saved search”. Like you, I’m receiving many of these double-up notifications and can only assume THS is making another cosmetic change that really isn’t needed!

3 Likes

Thanks @temba my notifications are not labelled .
it’s just the same notification whether it’s a new message in my inbox, a saved search or favourite with new listing . I only know what it is by clicking on it .

That’s interesting @Silversitters. I literally had just received the latest 2 notifications on my phone when I responded to you! Can’t remember exactly what a favourite new listing said but I could recognise which was the old or new style so could delete the old where it doesn’t now take you to the exact listing.

1 Like

Yes this is still happening for me

1 Like

Yes, this is still happening to me as well. I often get a total of four notifications. Two for favorites and two for saved searches. In both cases only one of each links to the listing. My notifications center on my iphone is quite crowded!

3 Likes

Ditto! And when you click through it only takes you to the main page, not the listing. So frustrating.

1 Like

Again, I’m happy to be getting notifications at all on my iphone, but today I received a total of eight from one listing of new dates for one of my favorities. They had four dates listed and the four came is as individual notifications, doubled. Had to laugh about this notification screen.

2 Likes