Android app being buggy

Hi all… We’ll check in with the team on Monday and see if there’s an update on this. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Having the same issues, very frustrating :unamused:

1 Like

I have an android Samsung s21 5g… this issue with crashing has been happening for the last 5 day’s. I’ve done everything, cleared cache, Uninstaller etc. It seems to happen every time I’ve tried to message HO for upcoming sit less than 3 weeks away. Sent her a message through website 3 days ago with no response. Just sent another one with my cell via website as app was constantly crashing. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Yes getting exactly the same issues. Can’t use the app at the moment!

1 Like

@Catgoddess_99 I was just informed by a homeowner that they hadn’t received our first message on our application so in other words the actual application in writing we submitted didn’t go through, only the actual request to sit for their dates went through with no supporting information. They did just receive my second message though and replied so not sure if it has now been fixed. I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro Max not an Android.

1 Like

Hi everyone … Monday is nearly here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It seems that they’re have been ongoing issues and glitches. A sit I just completed the HO mentioned she had difficulties as well, fortunately we had exchanged phone numbers early on so we were able to communicate easily. Typically i do this early on to exchange cell and whatsapp details to avoid this. This sit coming up was confirmed 8 months ago and our earlier transactions went fine, so they’re is something up. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

1 Like

I too am having issues. I installed the app, today, on my brand new Ultra S22. It’s very slow to react to keyboard input when browsing the site and replying back to messages. :pensive:

2 Likes

I also have the Android app and it has been crashing and unusable since about two weeks ago. I can’t get back to anyone unless I am at my computer, which is inconvenient and infrequent. Please advise. @Vanessa_A Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @cherylfah I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues, this is a known bug and the tech team are working on it. Meanwhile as Vanessa is no longer part of the Forum Team due to her new role I will tag @Therese who will pick this up for you when she is back online and see if there are any updates.

Could you please let us know which version the App you are running and which device you are using?

Thank you

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy A51 5G model SM-A516V

App version 2.13.01

1 Like

It is a real struggle to reply to anyone on the App as it sticks and freezes after a few words. I had to contact a home owner through whatsapp as it was the only way to reply. I have done 2 applications at the weekend which I had to keep extremely short and did 3 times before it would go through. I know its ongoing but its very frustrating, I already have a case listed with customer service support

1 Like

Hi @Chrissy you are still able to communicate with your home owner via your dashboard / inbox on the THS website and you will see the coversation in the app when you’re next able to use it.

2 Likes

@cherylfah I have passed your info to our tech team. The bug is in the process of being fixed. Please bear with us in the meantime.

1 Like

Exactly the same happens to me on my Samsung Galaxy. While messaging, the app freeze.

2 Likes

The Trusted house sitters website via the phone is the same for any conversation it stumbles and stutters while trying to type. The only way is to go in to website on laptop which I don’t have constantly with me. The app crashed continually from 19th December and was unusable over Christmas and is still not resolved

1 Like

Hi @Chrissy Just to confirm that this is being attended to by the tech team as we speak, so bear with us in the meantime.

2 Likes

I haven’t received any notifications for weeks now of new listings that I favorited. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and still nothing. It is exasperating. Pixel phone using Android 13.

1 Like

Hi @lassie Please always reach out to membership services at support@trustedhousesitters.com so they can investigate this on your behalf.

1 Like

I am using a google 7 pro running android 13 and experience a bug with the app. When I attempt to apply for a sit, the response rate for typing slows down significantly to where it takes quite a bit of time for the characters to appear in the application after typing. This happens both when I start fresh with an application and when I cut and paste and then customize the info. The screen also does not scroll well when this occurs.

1 Like