Android app being buggy

Ugh. I mentioned the same problem in December: Android app being buggy - #12 by Lassie

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been terrible for two weeks and my phone has even started telling me how the app keeps crashing. Its’ AWFUL. And it is definitely NOT my phone. All of my other apps work just fine. I have even had owners complain to me about it.

1 Like

Hi All. Tech is aware of these problems and is working to solve them as soon as possible.
I have given them the additonal information re phone type.
We really do apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

2 Likes

I’m still having bug issues when replying to messages on app. I have an android. Website okay, yet cannot see entire message threads.

1 Like

Hi @Catgoddess_99. I can’t help with Android app issues, but I should be able to debug website issues with you.

You can PM/Message and then we can send screenshots more easily, or just reply here with more info. For example, include a screenshot where you think there’s missing info.

Even on my iPhone, I can view the TH website there and use my Inbox fine to see entire message threads.

1 Like

This probably needs to be moved to the correct topic…
I’ve already seen posts about the app crashing and I’ve just experienced the following…
I received an invitation to sit. I have tried to respond with a message, but it freezes as I’m typing, then crashes. This keeps happening and they are now 'reviewing applications ’ which means I’ve missed the boat. It also means they’ll think I’m rude as I haven’t bothered to reply!
Assume I’ll have the same issue if I try to apply for a sit?
When is this going to be fixed?

3 Likes

My understanding is that if you are sent an invitation to apply, you can still do so even if they already have 5 applicants. So once the app stabilizes, you should be able to move forward.

1 Like

I imagine they’ll have chosen a sitter by the time its fixed…

1 Like

Hi @Dawnie I’m so sorry you are having issues. We have reported this directly to the tech support team as we cannot help with this via the Forum. Tech support will pick up when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

I still have the same problem trying to reply. I now have a standard copy and paste reply which I use as typing anything longer than a few words is hopeless so I have given up.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ve seen this reported for some time, so not holding out much hope for a fix sadly

1 Like

@Dawnie, Hi we’re sorry you’re having these issues, Julie reported to the tech squad, in order to investigate they would like the following info: device/OS/app version?

Please reply here or Direct Message me if you’d prefer.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello Pips,
Thank you for posting.
I have been experiencing something similar.
The app crashes quite often despite I uninstalled it and installed it again many times, the last time today.
For some reason I cannot receive notifications linked to my saved searches by email, I opened a ticket for that with the Support team. I let them know about this issue with the App as well.
Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

2 Likes

In the App when looking at your favorites, there is a choice to see if any are looking for sitters. It’s still inaccurate, has been for a long time. Currently you see favorites that are looking for sitters and favorites that are not. This could be a very useful search feature if it worked correctly. Any idea if it will ever work as intended?

As far as I know the ability to look at your favorites to see if any are looking for sitters is only available with the app.

1 Like

For the first time I’ve had the issue that others have reported with the app where letters I’m typing taking ages to appear on the page. I was using Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet model SM-T500 running on Android 12. @Therese would you please let the tech team know.

1 Like

My app is really bad today for typing and freezing I have Samsung A13 and have already reported it several times since October but still not resolved.

1 Like

Today I did something what was long overdue. I started to write reviews for my previous sits. The first one went very well. However the second one I could not write in full as the app crashed on me again. I use a Samsung A52s with Android 13. So after 10 lines, everything blocked completely. Now I know there is a problem nobody seems to be able to solve, when I want to apply, but it seems to be larger than that. As I follow several social media groups, it’s clear to me that I am not the only one to have this problem as suggested by @Ben-ProductManager . We only get referred to support, who tells us there is nothing they can do. So who else is on Android 13 and has this issue?

1 Like

Hi @Lieve. I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues using the app. I know the development team is working on the app issues and sorry to hear your experience hasn’t gotten any better.

@Therese, I’m sure @Lieve has already gone through these steps and more, but are there specific steps / things people can try that sometimes resolve these issues with the most recent version of Android (ie, uninstall and reinstall, etc.)?

1 Like

Hi @Lieve Lieve,
I have taken this up via membership services, and they will answer you directly from there.
It is a known bug that our tech team is working on but membership services will keep in touch.
Best wishes
Therese

1 Like

@Lieve yes me also. Been having this problem forever so have stopped using the app. I am running Android 13 also.

1 Like